Help needed please

thecat94

Hi all I got p3d today for laptop having I thought I give it a try instead of my fsx se however I thought I try my Saitek x52 with it but some reason the joystick is not working on my airbus a318/319/320/321 aerosoft planes it will work fine with p3d default planes but as soon as I select any airbus my throttle wont work and my rudder controls when I turn I look on outside view mode and its just flickering real fast. anybody have any idea why this is please.

Reconfigure your controll settings, the axis are probably bound to some other non-default commands.

Easiest way is to use FSUIPC, but I'm not sure if that's a paid feature.

Grtz., Hans

What do you mean with "flickering real fast"? Also, can you operate all the knobs and switches in the VC with your mouse? If not, there might be a problem with your simconnect.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Could also be that your laptop simply isn't powerful enough for P3D. Your USB ports may not be up to snuff either. Unless it's a high end gaming laptop, you'll never get decent performance out of it with anything other than default scenery and aircraft, very framerate friendly add-ons, and sliders well to the left.

Both Herman and Philifly787 have offered excellent advice.

With P3D, you're going to have to install the other three versions of SimConnect manually.  Give that a try and see if it helps your thrust levers.  The procedure is contained in the link below, which also may offer some other help.

Best wishes.

10 hours ago, Philifly787 said:

What do you mean with "flickering real fast"? Also, can you operate all the knobs and switches in the VC with your mouse? If not, there might be a problem with your simconnect.

When i turn the rudder and aerlons the rudder flickers to where i turn it but at super speed if you see wa i mean and the aerlon when i turn n hold willl come up then when holding say to the right they will just close.

5 hours ago, Herman said:

Could also be that your laptop simply isn't powerful enough for P3D. Your USB ports may not be up to snuff either. Unless it's a high end gaming laptop, you'll never get decent performance out of it with anything other than default scenery and aircraft, very framerate friendly add-ons, and sliders well to the left.

I have gtx1060 and i7 660k its should be able to run this.

6 hours ago, Herman said:

I have gtx1060 and i7 7700hq its should be able to run this.   I have read vol7 and didnt work

i have tried this below and on 2 of them it says user already exsits is this because of my fsx se account i have on my pc?

PREPAR3D USERS

If you use P3D, it is very important to ensure you have manually installed all three versions of SimConnect as they do not install automatically. You can do this by going to the folder location shown below, and running the clicking the “SimConnect” Windows Installer file located in the Sub-folders (in some cases the file will be in the “lib” sub-folder).

- Prepar3D Program Folder\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi
- Prepar3D Program Folder\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi
- Prepar3D Program Folder\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

14 hours ago, thecat94 said:

I have gtx1060 and i7 7700hq its should be able to run this.

I understand why you believe this, but it very well might not be true.  Laptops, except those very expensive ones built specially for gaming, have significantly slower bandwidths than their desktop counterparts. Additionally, the graphics cards (again, unless it's a laptop built specificially for gaming) are essentially emulators and though they will process the same instruction sets and outputs, they simply are no match for the full size graphics cards we place in our desktops to run FSX and P3D.  In fact, the mere cost (between $160 and $1200) of these graphics cards is an indicator of both what they do and how much we rely on them for a simulator like FSX and P3D, and if one is attempting to run P3DV4 then the graphics card becomes significantly more important than they were under FSX and earlier versions of P3D. 

It's very common for us to see someone new to our hobby with a fairly high-end, non-gaming laptop not understand why their laptop is not really up to running FSX/P3D, and since I know very little about your actual system I'm not going to say this about  yours, but we do see this fairly regularly.

Herman's advice about starting with your graphics sliders set full left is spot on, as this will help reduce the processing load of your CPU and GPU, thus freeing up the available bandwidth throughout your computer as the PCI and USB buses - in fact everything that is tied to the CPU Clock, will run better if other processing isn't bogging down your computer.

Someone earlier recommended that you try using FSUIPC, though I must point out that we don't recommend this for the Airbus unless someone has a specific reason to do this.  The advice to ensure you don't have other assignments for your flight controls beyond those you assigned is also very good, as installing Saitek drivers always results in Saitek software creating it's own assignments (I really wish it didn't do that).  You'll need to go through everything under controls (rudder pedals, yoke, etc.) and check for assignments you didn't create - and look especially for flight control assignments.  You also may want to delete the existing flight control assignments that you created, close the simulator, reboot, open the sim up again, and then add the control assignments you want/need.

Best wishes.

i have a gaming laptop i dont understand why my x52 works with all default aircracft in p3d but as soon as i load up any aerosoft plane the throttle does not work i have tried most of has been said on here and nothing as of yet has worked, i have put graphics all to left and nothing changes and has you know i am having problems with the mcdu not working either but have asked to get this sorted first but does not seem to be happening.

PREPAR3D USERS

If you use P3D, it is very important to ensure you have manually installed all three versions of SimConnect as they do not install automatically. You can do this by going to the folder location shown below, and running the clicking the “SimConnect” Windows Installer file located in the Sub-folders (in some cases the file will be in the “lib” sub-folder).

- Prepar3D Program Folder\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi
- Prepar3D Program Folder\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi
- Prepar3D Program Folder\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

when i try this it says the specified account already exisits is this correct

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Someone earlier recommended that you try using FSUIPC, though I must point out that we don't recommend this for the Airbus unless someone has a specific reason to do this.  The advice to ensure you don't have other assignments for your flight controls beyond those you assigned is also very good, as installing Saitek drivers always results in Saitek software creating it's own assignments (I really wish it didn't do that).  You'll need to go through everything under controls (rudder pedals, yoke, etc.) and check for assignments you didn't create - and look especially for flight control assignments.  You also may want to delete the existing flight control assignments that you created, close the simulator, reboot, open the sim up again, and then add the control assignments you want/need.

To expand on Dave's excellent point I quoted, you'll need to check all the connected devices and run through the assignments for each. It's easy to assume that the controller you see when you open the Axis page is the only one you need to check, if you even notice it at the top of the page. FSX and P3D cheerfully create throttle assignments for example on my rudder pedals, when all they should have is rudder, left brake and right brake.

22 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Someone earlier recommended that you try using FSUIPC, though I must point out that we don't recommend this for the Airbus unless someone has a specific reason to do this.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,

Honestly speaking I am confused on your statement above concerning FSUIPC and its usage with Aerosoft's A3... planes. The confusion is because most of the users in the net highly recommending it as a must to have tool. I am flying A320 on FSX:SE most of the time and would highly appreciate some more clarifications on the subject.

Thank you!

• Deputy Sheriffs

FSUIPC is only a must have in general, as it gives you a lot of benefits in optimizing/controlling your flighsimulator. It is entremly usefull in controlling/using hardware addons. So we do not say "don't use it", but we say it is not needed for the Airbus, as the Airbus perfectly works out of the box.

4 hours ago, Goshob said:

Hi Dave,

Honestly speaking I am confused on your statement above concerning FSUIPC and its usage with Aerosoft's A3... planes. The confusion is because most of the users in the net highly recommending it as a must to have tool. I am flying A320 on FSX:SE most of the time and would highly appreciate some more clarifications on the subject.

Thank you!

Hello Goshob,

My friend Otto is absolutely spot on, and if you don't mind I'd like to add expand just a little on what he's said.

I work and fly with many experienced users who run high-end systems with multiple controllers, and where someone is using several different levers it can be very helpful to use FSUIPC to calibrate two or more different hardware thrust levers as the potentiometers are rarely in sync and often vary greatly from one to the other which results in the hardware thrust lever position being much different than it's counterpart when flying a multi-engine aircraft. In this situation, one would benefit from calibrating the thrust levers so that their physical position is paired with the other, and for this there simply is no better axis calibration that Pete's FSUIPC.  FSUIPC is also an amazing tool to quiet down noisy potentiometers that can result in oscillation of the in-sim thrust lever.

Keeping the above in mind, I can say that based on the number of fights simmers that I've flown with, provided technical support to, or read posts from, the vast majority of them use a single throttle/thrust lever thus there really isn't a need for them to use FSIUPC (unless of course they have a worn/noisy potentiometer).

When answering customer/user inquiries, we have to target out response as specifically to that person and their configuration as possible. If we tried to cover all the possibilities for other users with different configurations, our response would be far too long and complicated, and nobody would read it!  In fact, this response if already getting long... lol.  The OP in this thread uses a Saitek X52, so he only has one thrust lever and would be better served by using the sim to setup his thrust lever rather than using FSUIPC.

I hope I've been able to answer your question. Feel free to PM be or start another thread should you have any other questions.

My very best wishes to you.

Hi,

I do not know what happened with my post from yesterday, but I just wish to say that I had followed the advice and opened another thread in the same Diverse section. It is out from the courtesy rules to use someone else thread for solving your problems. Sorry once again to the author of this thread.

All who wish to support are most welcomed!

Hi Guys

I removed the FSX and P3D v2 from my computer,some time ago.

I use only P3D V3 and P3D V4

The reason is too much messing around and no support from some developers on the above mentioned.

Bye, David

Archived