Wheather problem in Airbus Extended A320

winkler108

Hi my wheather doesn't work if I start in cold and dark sate. I usually use it with ASN but have not seen any wheather on the ND yet even though flying in some bad ones. I tried every possible combination on the switches but still doesn't work. If I change to take-off state it then suddenly starts working. Can anyone help to make it work even in cold and dark state? When I did my test I used manual wheather with thunderstorm settings(1,2), Starting from cold and dark and after aligning IRS(4) and changing to take-off state(5) not touched the VXR panel.

Any help appreciated.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well status Cold&Dark means all systems are shut down, so how do you expect to see any weather except looking outside the window. Also using a weather radar on ground is not done in real life and would also give no good results in the simulator.

What I meant is I started from cold & dark, but as you can see on the pictures that there are no changes on the WXR panel but as soon as i change the state to take-off it starts scanning(bottom picture) it doesn't matter that i am on the ground but it scans so it works. I wonder if i missed anything, because I followed the manual.

I do realize that there is two knobs, but as you can see from the pictures they are well lited. Can you see the difference on the two NDs first one doesn't work where as in take off state it does. But now I attached pictures in the air too so you can see that something doesnt work or i have missed a step switching it on but following the manual it does not work for me.

Could you post a pic which is zoomed more into the brightness selectors? From the pics you posted I can not really tell the position of the outer ND brightness selector.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived