Bergen X Default Jetways Appearing

Adam B

Hello All

I have recently installed Bergen X in FSX boxed (SP2 + acc). I also have Orbx FTX Norway installed. When I first used the scenery I was getting two airport sceneries draw over each other and conflicting (DESPITE ticking the installer check box to say I had the ORBX scenery installed). I therefore manually removed ADE_FTX_NOR_ENBR.BGL and ADE_FTX_NOR_ENBR_CVX.bgl from F:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery and rebuilt my FSX scenery library. This solved MOST of the problems. HOWEVER... I still see what look to be default jetways protruding through the Bergen X scenery. See attached images.

I have used a utility to scan for installed airports and you can see from the attached image that the ORBX scenery is no longer found (it was before I removed it) and that the only other scenery found is the AS Bergen X. (The justflight reference showing in the image is disabled in the FSX scenery library and anyway, doesn't contain scenery objects, only an overlay for parking spaces for AI traffic).

Can anybody offer me next steps for removing the spurious jetway tunnels?

Thanks

Adam

(PS ignore the cargo loaders... I haven't configured GSX for the Do228 yet... I know they are somewhat overkill for loading cargo onto this aircraft!!!)

Please login to display this image.

I've deleted the AFX_ENBR.BGL file entirely now from the Justflight folder structure - I don't use the traffic 360 BGL files, just the aircraft models/textures for AI - that is why it was already disabled in FSX scenery library. I have restarted the sim and rebuilt the scenery library.

Deleting the file has made no effect though, the problem with the Jetways remains the same.

Cheers

Adam

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, do. you have ORBX Vector?

You can also try to diasable the default airport file. But you have to identify it. I can do that, but not before tomorrow afternoon.

I do have ORBX vector.

I have tried finding how to disable individual default airports in FSX but the information I have read refers only to the FSX Scenery manager which disables whole areas.

For info, I have already uninstalled Bergen X and reinstalled it once but that didn't fix it either.

Any help you can offer is gratefully received, thanks!

Adam

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

you should do a search inside the ORBX folder for all files containing enbr in their filename. Then deactivate them.

If that does not help try disabling the default airport.

The default airport is in file:

scenery\0601\scenery\APX49100.bgl

25 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Hi,

you should do a search inside the ORBX folder for all files containing enbr in their filename. Then deactivate them.

If that does not help try disabling the default airport.

The default airport is in file:

scenery\0601\scenery\APX49100.bgl

That disable a lot more then Bergen i tell you. The best he can do is post a screenshot of his library for now, i suspect that he has done something there that dont add up correctly..

I haven't tried disabling the APX49100.bgl file yet. If it is just an airport file it should be fine. Since I have ORBX Norway installed, even if it is a much larger scenery area, it may not have much impact anyway, as it is redundant with ORBX Norway installed? I'll try opening the file in ADE or AFX and see what it covers.

I've attached my scenery library to this post as a PDF. I skipped some of the default scenery areas towards the bottom of the list as there were so many screenshots to make.

Thanks

Adam

Library.pdf

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 15 Minuten, geir_haukland sagte:

That disable a lot more then Bergen i tell you. The best he can do is post a screenshot of his library for now, i suspect that he has done something there that dont add up correctly..

I'm aware that disabling the default file is not the best solution. It is always the last option.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 2 Minuten, Adam B sagte:

I haven't tried disabling the APX49100.bgl file yet. If it is just an airport file it should be fine. Since I have ORBX Norway installed, even if it is a much larger scenery area, it may not have much impact anyway, as it is redundant with ORBX Norway installed? I'll try opening the file in ADE or AFX and see what it covers.

I've attached my scenery library to this post as a PDF. I skipped some of the default scenery areas towards the bottom of the list as there were so many screenshots to make.

Thanks

Adam

Library.pdf

What is the first entry runway number update?

Runway Number Update is an overlay created by VOX ATC... which changes the runway numbers for airports where magnetic variance has caused this since FSX was released. E.g. EGJJ R/w 09 has changed to 08 and 27 has changed to 26. This means the ATC provided by VOX ATC will refer to the correct runway numbers according to the latest Navigraph charts.

The APX49100.bgl file contains this scenery... I see only the airport, so disabling it may well work... I notice the offending Jetway tunnels are present on this screenshot too! I'll try temporarily removing the file and rebuilding my scenery database and report back!

17 minutes ago, Adam B said:

Thanks

Adam

Library.pdf

Needless to say, move all orbx stuff above 3rd party addons, thats the problem, try and see if it helps. Use scenery config editor for that job.

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, geir_haukland said:

Needless to say, move all orbx stuff above 3rd party addons, thats the problem, try and see if it helps. Use scenery config editor for that job.

Sorry, but Orbx stuff has to be below NOT above 3rd party sceneries, so in this case his order is correct. Move the runway number update below Bergen.

I have ALL my orbx stuff above 3rd party and i have no problems with any airports or what so ever, so i have it, and no trouble at all, explain that, please if you can

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

Sorry, but Orbx stuff has to be below NOT above 3rd party sceneries. Move the runway number update below Bergen.

R/W number update was actually below Bergen X until I made those screenshots... I only changed it when I made the screenshots, as it is meant to be at the top.

• Deputy Sheriffs

So you are simply lucky, but Orbx itself recommends to put all their stuff below other sceneries. Well explained in their Guide.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Adam B said:

R/W number update was actually below Bergen X until I made those screenshots... I only changed it when I made the screenshots, as it is meant to be at the top.

Did you try to disable it completely?

And just to make sure, even in case you installled your FSX outside the default installation folder, you should always run FSX as Administrator to make sure that all changes are apllied permanently.

I removed the APX49100.bgl file and rebuilt the scenery library, but they are still appearing. I really thought that might work... never mind!!

I'll try disabling the R./W number update, but I can't see that having an impact it is basically a file with new runway definitions on the correct alignment but with no visible scenery.

7 minutes ago, mopperle said:

And just to make sure, even in case you installled your FSX outside the default installation folder, you should always run FSX as Administrator to make sure that all changes are apllied permanently.

I am not using the FSX scenery manager to remove the BGL files... I am locating them in the scenery directory on the hard disk and moving them to another drive as a back up. I am then rebuilding my scenery library so they are removed from it. The scenery cache is emptied on FSX closing, so scenery simply shouldn't be available once removed and rebuilt? Would this somehow not work? I am not an expert in this!

Hi Jo

That fixes it, thank you!

And thanks to everybody else for also taking the time out to try and help - much appreciated everybody.

Kind regards

Adam

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived