Autothruttle unstable during approach

Hello,

I often get the problem that the A320 autothrottle doesnt work as it should during approach phase, especially when the winds are stronger. During every other phase of the flight, the autothrottle works perfectly. My thrust lever (Flight hotas x) is also calibrated correctly. V131 is the latest version and should be the latest version (as far as I know). Is this a common issue? I heard that other users have problems with the A/T as well. Any known solution for this?

I have a similar issue where the autothrottle is unstable during normal flight. I have the throttle set in CLB and the speed set on the autopilot but once the speed reaches the set value the engines cut back too much and then speed up again giving a very jerky flight. It is obviously controlling the speed pretty well but the engines are revving up and dying back considerably. Is this a known bug and if so does anyone know a fix please?

• 2 weeks later...

I was having this issue until I disabled turbulence and thermal settings on aircraft in weather settings for P3D.  Worth a shot if you haven't already.  May also need to lower the turbulence settings in Active Sky if you are using that.

Thanks for you reply. 

Yes, the problem seems to be caused by AS16. I just hope they will update their A/T one day, because right now it's way too unprecise to use it with AS16 together :/

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you noticed this is caused by the weather addon and effects nearly all complex aircraft. Had the same problem with the NGX for example. So no need to fix anything at the Airbus.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is by the way no need to disable the turbulences in AS16 completely. Lowering them is enough. 

Archived