Radio and ATC display is blank.

Rielious

This problem just showed up out of the blue. Loaded up an Airbus 321, started my set up for a flight and no readouts on my radio or ATC. (See attached photo), Not everything is out, the autopilot works fine, (also see attached). Anyone have a solution or experienced this before?

This happened over night. (No pun intended), finished a flight session, closed down all my programs, shut down the computer for the night. Next day...."poof" Big problem. Loaded a 320, then 319, and 318, same problem. I wanted to see if other aircraft had the same problem that I have in my hanger. QualityWings 757, and RJ 70, 85, and 100 had the same thing, no radio and no autopilot display of numbers. My PMDG aircraft are fine, as well as my Capt Sim aircraft.

All of my software is up-to-date, so please don't ask. I fly on P3D v3.4, and FSX, same issue in FSX as P3D.  

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you on Windows 10? There have been an update lately that introduced font problems into Windows.

In the meantime MS has released a fix for that. Please check, that if you are on Windows 10, you are on the latest status of all available updates for it.

Afterwards you might also need to re-install the Airbus again. When doing so, please follow these instructions to the point:

• Deputy Sheriffs

After having re-installed the bus as described above, the next step is to copy the file

• SIM base folder\fonts\quartz.ttf

to

• C:\Windows\Fonts

There you also want to right click the file and select "Install".

Problem is fixed. I did a reset to an earlier date, and all control panels have their fonts back. I thank you for you assist.

Happy flying!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

@mseder just send me his solution for this problem, and for documentation purpose I post it here as well:

Here is my solution, it's a "do absolutely not more than you have to"-solution.

SOLUTION
Only copy that font from SIM base folder\fonts\quartz.ttf to C:\Windows\Fonts and install
That's it!

BUT:
If it says it's already installed, you probably have several quartz.ttf files in that folder.
To remove them all is not even necessary.
Only remove them from the registry and here is how:

- Press the “Windows Key + R” at the same time to bring up the Run window.
- Type "regedit" and run it.
- Find this folder in the registry
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts
Look for the row with Quartz font.You might have one or many of these.

- Mark the line/s and delete it/them

Now copy that quartz-font from SIM base folder\fonts\quartz.ttf to C:\Windows\Fonts and install it.
This time it will work, restart FSX and the 757 flight

---

PS: installing means in this case: right click the ttf file and select install from the context menu

Thanks for sharing!!!

Archived