Mega Lisbon V2

Joe.l

Evening everyone,

I installed this and for the first hour or so it worked perfectly, I left my PC for a while and when I came back all the scenery for the airport was completely black, I messed around with the files and managed to get the ground textures back however I have no airport terminal buildings or anything, just the lights hovering in mid-air.

If anyone is able to help me out I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks and kind regards,

Joe

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 minute, Joe.l sagte:

Evening everyone,

I installed this and for the first hour or so it worked perfectly, I left my PC for a while and when I came back all the scenery for the airport was completely black, I messed around with the files and managed to get the ground textures back however I have no airport terminal buildings or anything, just the lights hovering in mid-air.

Thanks and kind regards,

Joe

Have restarted the sim? It just sounds like a memory leak. 

What sim are you using?

Have you tried reinstall of the addon?

I have restarted the sim about three times now and cleared the cache. I use FSX:Steam edition and I have tried reinstalling the add-on 4 times.

Thanks for the quick reply

• Aerosoft
9 hours ago, Joe.l said:

Evening everyone,

Thanks and kind regards,

Joe

That's a clear sign you are running out of memory. You will be forced to use lower settings.

On 2017-6-23 at 8:21 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

That's a clear sign you are running out of memory. You will be forced to use lower settings.

Ok i will give that ago, thx for the help

So I gave that a go and all it seem to do was give me ground textures, so I now have what almost looks like google earth flight sim for Lisbon

I will send you a screenshot of fsx graphics settings in a bit, but these are my PC specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core processor       3.20 GHz

RAM: 8.00GB

Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

I have tried the settings on the lowest possible and slowly increased to the highest so I have covered all my graphics settings but nothing worked. I realised that the minimum settings give me ground textures as mentioned before and the highest give the black textures.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You only get black txtures with highest settings? With middle setting for example it is ok? Then it is a problem, that your sim is running out of memory. You should at least lower your Level of detail radius.

yeah that is true, what is the high mem tweak, what does it do?

On 2017-6-25 at 11:44 AM, masterhawk said:

You only get black txtures with highest settings? With middle setting for example it is ok? Then it is a problem, that your sim is running out of memory. You should at least lower your Level of detail radius.

I get black textures with highest settings and with minimal textures I get just the ground textures like GEFS, no buildings or anything

• Deputy Sheriffs
Vor 1 Stunde, Joe.l sagte:

yeah that is true, what is the high mem tweak, what does it do?

I get black textures with highest settings and with minimal textures I get just the ground textures like GEFS, no buildings or anything

add in [GRAPHICS] section of fsx.cfg 

HIGHMEMFIX=1

It is easy to find in internet. Try googling like Mathijs suggested.

No buildings in lowest settings make sense. Try some settings in the middle. At least your max LOD settings requires a lot of memory. It is not possible to max all settings in combination with some addons.

• Deputy Sheriffs
Vor 1 Stunde, Joe.l sagte:

do you have a download link, cant seem to find it on the internet?

There is no need for a download link. Just open the fsx.cfg on your system and edit it. Maybe the file is called fsx-se.cfg

Archived