ENVA Runway Texture at Night, in P3Dv4, with Dynamic Lighting On

gmoneyprs

Jo, could you take a look at the runway and taxiway night textures when Dynamic Lighting is on? There's a pretty intense "moire" effect or, rather, thousands of pixels gyrating about if you move, whether it be the aircraft, the eyepoint, or simply panning around the cockpit. The best way to describe it is sort of like "TV snow," when you lose reception. I'd attach a screenshot but it'd really take a video to show it properly, and I'm not that savvy.

The instant you turn of dynamic lighting, the effect goes away (but then so do my PMDG landing lights). You can find what I think may be a thread about a similar issue over at FSDT regarding KIAH in P3Dv4 (check here). If it is indeed the same issue, then it must mean that there's some materials technique that dynamic lighting doesn't play well with...

Beautiful work either way!

So not only did you fix it but you responded in 5 minutes?? Lol, awesome, thank you.

Curious, though, how big of a deal is changing the map intensity, i.e. how much arm twisting will it take to get FSDT to fix KIAH (I saw that thread because I have that airport as well)?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived