Why does it look like the sun is rising from the ground?

On ‎19‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 14:24, CaptainLHKLM sagte:

Well the title explains it, is this normal?

Are you using X-Plane 10 or X-Plane 11? Are you using default clouds/weather, X-Enviro or SkyMaxxPro? Have you changed any sun/moon textures or related files?

This said and asked, sometimes the sun and moon positions are a bit awkward in X-Plane. Laminar know this, but so far nothing has been done about it.

Hi guys, and thanks for replying!

I'm using X-Plane 11 with xEnviro. I changed some settings using the Advanced Settings Tool on the x-plane.org forums. In there I turned off reflections and FF water to really really save some fps. Perhaps reflections should be on and FF water, but really as long as the ocean looks like and ocean, I don't mind if my plane reflects.

Thanks!

p.s: if any of you know a genuinely good .lua script for the water I would be happy!

Hm, I can't say much to X-Enviro at the moment, because until its new version is out, I don't use it. You can try to remove it and compare if standard X-Plane also looks like on your screenshot, so we at least know if X-Enviro is the reason or if it's simply X-Plane itself.

Archived