Control of Beta range

Marco Gericke

I would like to control the beta range with my joystick. Right now the throttle of my joystick only covers the range from idle to full power, but not the reverse range. Has anybody a suggestion for me?

12 hours ago, Marco Gericke said:

I would like to control the beta range with my joystick. Right now the throttle of my joystick only covers the range from idle to full power, but not the reverse range. Has anybody a suggestion for me?

The very simplest way to do this is to (as I do) just use two additional analog levers. I have three Saitek quads, so reserve two levers for reverse thrust. They are the yellow ones in my cockpit, if you watch any of my videos. As Mathijs says, there are ways to do it with some tricky FSUIPC programming. See here and here for some ideas. One of the things I like about X-Plane 11 is that it has this feature built in - there is a function you can call that switches the axis between forward and reverse. It's just a pity the Twin Otter Extended isn't available on X-Plane!

Thanks for your input.

I found a good (and easy) solution with FSUIPC. Now I have the idle position on the detent of my throttle (Thrustmaster HOTAS X). From detent to Max now is forward. From detent to Min is reverse.

See here for more datails.

Archived