Whats the correct procedure to leave holdings?

datguytho

Hello,

what is the correct procedure to leave a holding? Lets say you just made a holding and you are now back to your inbound course to the holding fix. what do you click first? because when i clicked on "imm exit" my airbus just randomly started to fly in a totally different direction. 

Video

With push the LSK IMM EXIT the airbus will fly direct to the holding fix for exit the holding and continue the lateral way. Depending on the location of your airplane in the holding rotate more or less favorable in the direction holding fix for leave. If the route then again unfavorable, he turns again more or less unfavorable.

With ATC Clearance to leave the holding an follow the normal routing I would first press IMM EXIT on the inbound. With ATC clearance to fly directly to a certain point, you can use the DCT Page and DCT to.

Archived