Question about altitudes at waypoints

datguytho

Hello,

when you select one waypoint in the MCDU with a click on the right button next to it, you can select several options for this waypoint.

I have 2 questions about this:

1. When you enter an altitude, say 5000 feet, you can put a "+" or a "-" before the altitude. what does this mean? minimum and maxima? if yes, how does this affect altitudes during climb, as the for the managed climb every altitude you enter is a "max" altitude anyways.

2. What is this UTC Feature? i tried to enter some number but it always says "bad format". 

Hi,

normal the constraints are programmed as part of the database. You can find same constraints on the SID, STAR and Approach waypoints and must crosscheck with the charts.

You can enter an constraint and the FMGS will integrated this as part of the section and note.

ATC may instruct an waypoint to overfly at a certain height. You now have the opportunity zo enter this constraint and fly managed or you fly with V/S and regulates the vertical speed.

I means, the procedure with enter an new constraint is relatively rare. Maybe for an longer-term planning of a constraint.

+FL220 means overfly this waypoint at or above FL220 , -FL220 means overfly this waypoint at or below FL220. Without +/- means AT .

The UTC CSTR is real for enter the UTC Takeoff time to calculate other times (predictions) before Takeoff. With Takoff the time is adjusted automatically.

This field is actually only on the VERT REV AT Destination Page present. The input format is xxyy UTC Time.

The input does not seem to be working as the Aerosoft Airbus.

Thank you, that was very helpful! Since there is a "at", "at+" and "at-" I wonder whether there is a "between" as well? because in a lot of star charts i see that they actually give information about minima and maxima. is it possible to enter these as well?

This "between constraint" is part of the programmed procedure constraints. An manual entry is not possible or required, i means.

The programmed format is xxxxx-yyyyy

Please login to display this image.

On 12.6.2017 at 18:46, FraPre sagte:

An manual entry is not possible or required, i means.

Thanks for your answer. It seems like it's possible to edit the maximum altitude by just giving the altitude in the format xxxxx. The minimum part doesn't seem to be editable. 

Archived