Go around activation and desactivation

Goshob

Hi,

Here below I would like to share a situation, which happened to me recently and eventually get some support. Unfortunately I could not take snapshots from the SIM and we have to discuss only, if someone had such or knows the details.

I would start with my configuration first:

- Aerosoft Airbus A320 / 321;

- FSX Steam edition;

- Aegean AC livery downloaded from https://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=aegean+a320&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0 The livery for SX-DNA

- Route LYBE - LGAV

Now I will try to describe the situation with as much detailes as possible. 

The flight had started normally and as per the flight plan. Everything was as per the applicable procedure till the AC reached the last WP and got the localizer and GS signals for the runway 3R. There was another AC on the RWY, for which I had to execute Go Around procedure. It was switched on and the AC started following it. 

The problem faced was that Go around could not be deactivated by any case. Tried to start Approach procedure from the Performance page several times, but with no success. The AC could be controlled, but only manually. This is what I actually did for lending it and Go around was still active even when it was on the parking stand and engines were switched off.

Based on the above my questions are following: 

1. Is there a manual way to deactivate Go Around or this can be considered as some kind of software block?

2. Does a livery affect the performance of the SIM in any aspect (except the graphics)?

3. Is there any way to check the FPS on FSX:SE as it is available in P3D (I have to mention that combination Ctrl-Z is not working)?

Would appreciate any comments.

1 hour ago, Goshob said:

Hi,

Here below I would like to share a situation, which happened to me recently and eventually get some support. Unfortunately I could not take snapshots from the SIM and we have to discuss only, if someone had such or knows the details.

I would start with my configuration first:

- Aerosoft Airbus A320 / 321;

- FSX Steam edition;

- Aegean AC livery downloaded from https://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=aegean+a320&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0 The livery for SX-DNA

- Route LYBE - LGAV

Now I will try to describe the situation with as much detailes as possible. 

The flight had started normally and as per the flight plan. Everything was as per the applicable procedure till the AC reached the last WP and got the localizer and GS signals for the runway 3R. There was another AC on the RWY, for which I had to execute Go Around procedure. It was switched on and the AC started following it. 

The problem faced was that Go around could not be deactivated by any case. Tried to start Approach procedure from the Performance page several times, but with no success. The AC could be controlled, but only manually. This is what I actually did for lending it and Go around was still active even when it was on the parking stand and engines were switched off.

Based on the above my questions are following: 

1. Is there a manual way to deactivate Go Around or this can be considered as some kind of software block?

2. Does a livery affect the performance of the SIM in any aspect (except the graphics)?

3. Is there any way to check the FPS on FSX:SE as it is available in P3D (I have to mention that combination Ctrl-Z is not working)?

Would appreciate any comments.

To display the FPS, you can enable the FPS counter, when you are in the sim press Shift+Tab to enter the Steam overlay. Then go to Settings, and from there to In-Game and then you see the FPS header as shown on the photo

Please login to display this image.

Thank you for the information! Already done and working properly.

Would appreciate if someone can comment on the Go around deactivation, if there is such method.

Archived