T,5 Repaints?

WarHorse47

Thanks for the explanations - with and without the misspellings.  :lol:

I enjoy the historical accuracy of the various Lightning textures, including the addons, and tend to shy away from any 'fantasy' repaints which is why I was curious about the background of the Thunder City aircraft.

Thanks again for the info and the repaints.  :cheers_s:

--WH

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Lightning 451. Winds are 310 at 12 knots. Runway 01, cleared for takeoff.

- Cleared for takeoff. Lightning 451

Please login to display this image.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:36 AM, wingman5 said:

Last month at the Cold War Jets meet I was talking to the broker acting for a " European Consortium" that had supposedly acquired the Thunder city jets , but everyone seems to be keeping their cards pretty close to their chest .

mmm that could be interesting.. I'd love to think they could fly somewhere a bit closer to the UK than South Africa.. It would certainly be easier on my wallet when I'd go and buy a plane ticket to see them in a European country! I suppose we shall have to wait and see, it would explain why everything's gone quiet on that front though :huh:

C.

@WarHorse47 and no problem at all I hope you enjoy them!

Ten points to anyone who can guess the next paint coming for the T4..

C.

42 minutes ago, TheCameronPerson said:

Ten points to anyone who can guess the next paint coming for the T4..

C.

Please Sir... I know ! :D

D

Would that by any chance be “xray mike niner niner six”? Or perhaps "niner six niner"? Maybe "niner seven one"?

Atleast those are the ones Google suggest for me when searching for Lightning T4 

^_^

1 hour ago, TheCameronPerson said:

& yes Dave, I think definitely think you'll need to dust off Coltishall for this one :rolleyes:

C. 

Oh dear. What a shame. No 65, 145 or 2T skins for the John Young F1/T4 AI models.

Dave

@ Cameron

Before you get too far ...your red is looking distinctly orange !  I do not have the specific colour code , but I have a description that says" vivid red ",

It was probably the same as used for the roundels.

D

5 hours ago, TheCameronPerson said:

Don't worry you can all have the points! Close with the registrations too, this one is XM969 as she was when with 226.. I thought it was time we got the OCU back together again B)

C. 

Looks like we're even at this point. And presumably all off to the next round. :clapping_s:Looking fwd to another T4-paint to test. And a good one too it seems :goodluck_s:

Thanks for the tip Dave, here she is sporting the red used on the roundel, a much better fit I think too.. I'm getting happy with it but I think I'll darken the alpha layers a bit to get a greater shine. One pain in the jet pipe is that for the life of me I can't get rid of these dark  patches on the yellow stripes. I can't work out whether the fix is on lit_wing01 or 02 as neither seems to help?

And as for John Young's AI I'm attempting to do a 226 OCU repaint in the same style as XM969 above. I have done a repaint of 226 OCU but its the later paint where they just flew bare metal. I'll have another bash at it tomorrow

C.

Hi Cameron

The wrap around portion of the leading edge is on lit_wing01. 

match the colour and alpha of the circled areas to those on wing_02

Its pretty difficult getting the correct colours off a photo , at the time it depended on the  make and how the film was developed as to the colour tone you got.,  but we know the roundel is Post Office red (BS 381C/538M ) , and in photos the  fin paint appears if anything slightly deeper red than the fin stripe.

Incidentally the colour you had is pretty close to the dayglo that the T5's stripes were painted ....

D

@dhazelgrove

here you go. I've only done 7 aircraft so far but I've left in the psd files so you can easily duplicate the layers onto another aircraft and create more that way... Just change the serials! At the moment the aircraft are depicted in the guise of No.145 Squadron but if you'd like to see them painted as 65 Squadron just go into the PSD file and untick the layer named "226 OCU-No.145" and instead tick the layer named "226 OCU-65 Squad". I've included the relevant alpha layers so you can attach them in DXT BMP. I'll probably create more paints for 226 OCU AI I've just to do a few more paints for the Aerosoft models.

C.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we're very lacking on 19/92 squadron paints. I bet either T4, or F2 or F2A paints would be great.
Also Wingman - I remember you once made a 19 squadron F2A, where did that go?

17 hours ago, peter197 said:

I think we're very lacking on 19/92 squadron paints. I bet either T4, or F2 or F2A paints would be great.

I have asked for F2As and T4s in the 19/92 final green schemes.

We do already have the "King Cobra" flagship, it's true.

Dave

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:55 PM, peter197 said:

Yes so I did , I had forgotten about that, I'll check it out and post it.

D

I have uploaded the texture for XN724 up to the downloads section ,just select for fsx/p3d liveries and click on "11 more"

A external model file is included as the metal finish showed an incorrect texture on the wiring strake.

D

9 hours ago, wingman5 said:

I have uploaded the texture for XN724 up to the downloads section ,just select for fsx/p3d liveries and click on "11 more"

A external model file is included as the metal finish showed an incorrect texture on the wiring strake.

D

First, thank you the XN724 texture.

Second, thank you for the entire Lightning series.  I really like the variety of the different models, textures and cockpits.

And third (and really where I'm going with all this praise  :groupwave_s:), I really thank you for the update to the external model.  In light of what I experience with other developers and their product updates, I truly appreciate just updating one file as compared to a complete uninstall/reinstall and having to save and rebuild every single addon texture.

--WH

Archived