T,5 Repaints?

WarHorse47

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Are any of you superb Paint wizards out there considering, planning or even working on any repaints for the T5 in it's later day grey and camo schemes, especially the LTF?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

On 15/08/2017 at 3:29 PM, Ecthaelion said:

especially the LTF?

I've got a few unfinished ones I have yet to upload as I admit I've got distracted by working on a few repaint requests for another aircraft...... (sorry Dave & Co., rest assured the Frightening is still my favourite! ;))

is there any registration in particular you're after?

c.

I've just sent two of the repaints to Eivin for some screenshots. One of them is the T5 226OCU repaint that I did a few weeks back and the other shows XS457 in a bare metal livery worn in 1970s when in service with the LTF. I've got a paint showing the gloss grey LTF birds in the works ;)

C.

Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2017 at 1:26 AM, TheCameronPerson said:

I've got a few unfinished ones I have yet to upload as I admit I've got distracted by working on a few repaint requests for another aircraft...... (sorry Dave & Co., rest assured the Frightening is still my favourite! ;))

is there any registration in particular you're after?

c.

Sir, following on from this conversation (whereby i mentioned I was too fussed about which airframes / paint work) there are two airframes and schemes I would dearly love to see if possible:

Not a problem :)

I've just got to add a few more details then it'll all be ready..

I've also done another paint of XV328 as she was in 1973 when with 5 Squad. I noticed in pictures that it carried a name under the cockpit but for the life of me I can't work out the name apart from the rank of Sqd Ldr, so I've taken a creative license and gone with Squadron Leader "John Smith".. Not accurate but the names were usually written in white and mounted on black backgrounds so it would have been a bit lacking if I'd left it out..

C.

White paint on spine covers the elephant's ears as well.

As for the name tag look on the Lightning pilots directory , or see who was the sqn ldr in 1976.... or put your own name on it ... like an artist signing a painting :)

D

Thanks for the suggestion Dave, couldn't find any record of Sqn Ldr in '76 so Ive gone with my own name.. The RAF must be struggling if they give brand new recruits the rank of Sqn Ldr! ;) I'll send these off to Eivin for screenshots and then they'll be uploaded.

I've just downloaded JoinFS as suggested by @Ecthaelion on another thread so hopefully I can practice some formation flying with another Lightning..

C.

You are always, always more than welcome to join us!  Contact me via Skype, name: Ecthaelion or look out for "VAMPYRES" listed within the Hub section of Join FS.  If you can't find us in the hub section then the connection address is:  06258-58308 -  Would be great to see you there and of course anyone else is welcome. :)

16 hours ago, TheCameronPerson said:

Thanks for the suggestion Dave, couldn't find any record of Sqn Ldr in '76 so Ive gone with my own name.. The RAF must be struggling if they give brand new recruits the rank of Sqn Ldr! ;) I'll send these off to Eivin for screenshots and then they'll be uploaded.

I've just downloaded JoinFS as suggested by @Ecthaelion on another thread so hopefully I can practice some formation flying with another Lightning..

C.

Now you have gone too far with the white ! :rolleyes:  It should finish at the front of the bay doors.. ie the rear of the canopy 

:) D

Archived