Limit Variable Winds

mga010

Is it possible to limit the variable winds in X Plane 11? I would like to limit the variation to say 10 degrees. Injecting weather with the X Plane 11 real weather or FS Global Real Weather often yields rapid changes between like 5 and 60 degrees. 

I tried with the attached Lua script. But it does not work. I am trying to set the shear_direction_degt[0] data ref, thinking this would be the value were the variability of the wind is stored. But my changes are either ignored, or the injected weather (by FS Global Real Weather) is changed completely. Probably it is the wrong idea to start with.

If this is not a good forum to ask these questions please tell me so.

Thanks.

Limiter.lua

After some more research, I can limit the "Shear Amount" (as set in the wind layer) with this script. But I cannot limit any external weather. Most likely, it is overwritten immediately.

Some more research: The limiting of the "shear amount" works, if external weather is loaded "sim/weather/use_real_weather_bool" is set to 0, and one variable is changed by the user in the weather. Unfortunately, the manual part is still there.

Archived