Screens

dhazelgrove

In fact looking at the fin it  looks as if they changed the angle of the red on the fin ... with a slightly different colour ! .... ( could be that  would only be noticeable in black and white prints... the paint erosion would be a nice touch of realism though.

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shall certainly give it a try, I can't find another picture of a 226 aircraft with a tail like it so I presume that it was "exclusive" to 418... I assume that I should paint the right stripe in the "true" colour and the left as the faded colour and of course adjust accordingly on the alpha layer! ;)

C.

2 hours ago, TheCameronPerson said:

I shall certainly give it a try, I can't find another picture of a 226 aircraft with a tail like it so I presume that it was "exclusive" to 418... I assume that I should paint the right stripe in the "true" colour and the left as the faded colour and of course adjust accordingly on the alpha layer! ;)

C.

maybe my eyes deceive me but I think it looks like the aircraft behind is the same,  it looks like they painted the red to the same place as on the t4 ie the front of the aerial but decided there was too much white and filled the extra bit in.  but  don't change the alpha , that only controls the gloss.... so all paint would be the same shade of grey irrespective of the actual colour.

Try  making the change on the spec channel then it will appear as a different hue as the light changes ,which is probably what's happening in the photo.

D

• 3 weeks later...

At Coltishall - putting the 'SuperCats' in their place.

Dave

7 minutes ago, Ecthaelion said:

Love your screenshots, may I post a  couple of mine....

Sure .. knock yourself out   I like to see how others view the beast. :D

D

Ok Boss, here's a couple of mine. :)

So that's where all the giraffes went ... no wonder you could never find one in the hangar !

Good atmospheric shots, the head on looks like one of Ian Blacks photos.

I can see its p3d , so I wonder if the brightness and / or reflective settings could do with a tweak, those clouds are pretty luminous

D

Here are a few taken in P3Dv4 - Am currently messing with settings etc using stock UK scenery (except for RAF Binbrook and surrounding sceneries of course), no Orbx yet.  P3Dv4 hasnt been a smooth transition for me, thinking I may need to upgrade my PC (currently a i7 3770K @3.50ghz, 16gb ram and a GFX 970).  Havent installed PTA yet so the saturation, bloom etc are just tweaked from within the sim.