• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dhazelgrove said:

Please login to display this image.

AI at Bodo.

Dave

Wow. Historically correct. Both F-104Gs (331sq) and green CF104s (334sq) :wub:

More info in english here for those who are interested. The articles page btw has some pretty good stories

http://www.starfighter.no/indeng.html

18 hours ago, Eivin Stenso said:

Wow. Historically correct. Both F-104Gs (331sq) and green CF104s (334sq) :wub:

More info in english here for those who are interested. The articles page btw has some pretty good stories

http://www.starfighter.no/indeng.html

I'm finding there are issues with the ORBX EU Norway - specifically here at Bodo. All those military hangars, and only six of them have been enabled for AI MIL_COMBAT parking spots.

More, they're all down the west end of the military side of things - as shown. There are no parking codes, so I can't separate out the two squadrons. I have F-104s parked over on the civil side!

You don't happen to know which squadron was where, do you?

I've isolated the Bodo AFCAD, so it's going into the workshop for a major injection of all sorts of military parking.

The AI model used is the offering from The Owl's Nest, and it's showing its age. The glass is definitely strange in P3D.

Dave

6 hours ago, dhazelgrove said:

I'm finding there are issues with the ORBX EU Norway - specifically here at Bodo. All those military hangars, and only six of them have been enabled for AI MIL_COMBAT parking spots.

More, they're all down the west end of the military side of things - as shown. There are no parking codes, so I can't separate out the two squadrons. I have F-104s parked over on the civil side!

You don't happen to know which squadron was where, do you?

I've isolated the Bodo AFCAD, so it's going into the workshop for a major injection of all sorts of military parking.

The AI model used is the offering from The Owl's Nest, and it's showing its age. The glass is definitely strange in P3D.

Dave

No. But I'll ask around. 

Stand by

Newsflash:

I've managed to get hold of a guy who served at 331sq in 74/75 and he tells me that 331sq (F-104G for high altitude interception) had line in the east end, and parking/maintenance in the mountain there. 334sq. Follow taxiway for guidance. (CF104 for anti shipping) had line in the west end. 331sq also had two F-104G ready at all times in designated hangars.   

Btw Any chance you make this available for the the public as a downloadable package? He seems very interested in that. And I'll bet there are many more.  Me for one.Maybe a couple of shelters / spots available for vistiing Lighntings?

E  

7 hours ago, Eivin Stenso said:

Newsflash:

I've managed to get hold of a guy who served at 331sq in 74/75 and he tells me that 331sq (F-104G for high altitude interception) had line in the east end, and parking/maintenance in the mountain there. 334sq. Follow taxiway for guidance. (CF104 for anti shipping) had line in the west end. 331sq also had two F-104G ready at all times in designated hangars.   

Btw Any chance you make this available for the the public as a downloadable package? He seems very interested in that. And I'll bet there are many more.  Me for one.Maybe a couple of shelters / spots available for vistiing Lighntings?

E  

Thanks for that. 331 East/334 West. There will also need to be some uncoded parking and some mil_cargo spots.

Whether or not I can make the mods available will depend on what ORBX tells me - as it's their product I'll be modifying.

I'll put up some screens of the finished article when I'm done.

Norwegian C-130 skins might be a problem. Certainly MAIW (my usual starting point for AI) have never touched Norway.

Dave

Progress report: I've found some AI C-130 Norwegian skins for the HTAI FSX-converted C-130s - available from MAIW.

I've also found better AI models of the CF-104s and F-104Gs - also 2-seaters. They're by Michael Pearson and available from avsim.

These photos show the new Ai in place (excuse the red wing). What do you think?

Dave

44 minutes ago, Eivin Stenso said:

Very nice, indeed. Only thing missing now are swarms of Soviet bears and badgers coming in from the east. :)

There's a choice of armaments, too.

Are wingtip tanks always fitted?

Dave

12 minutes ago, dhazelgrove said:

There's a choice of armaments, too.

Are wingtip tanks always fitted?

Dave

Negative. They are off for high altitude supersonic interception. The missiles will then be carried in pairs underneath the fuselage. This is the lowest supersonic drag config. For patrols and subsonic interceptions you will have tiptanks  and missiles on wing-pylons which gives the lowest subsonic drag.

E

1 hour ago, Eivin Stenso said:

Negative. They are off for high altitude supersonic interception. The missiles will then be carried in pairs underneath the fuselage. This is the lowest supersonic drag config. For patrols and subsonic interceptions you will have tiptanks  and missiles on wing-pylons which gives the lowest subsonic drag.

E

They'll need supply from these as well. Is the propeller tip colour correct? These are showing yellow, but I have other options available.

Dave

Hi guys

Sorry to be a bugbear, , but could you at least have a Lightning somewhere in the screenshot !!...... This is after all the " Lightning " section of the help forum .<_<

Dave

48 minutes ago, dhazelgrove said:

Just for completeness.....

Dave

..... Much better.... now if you just used the Falcon UL or Mitchellwing instead of the trike ;)

Very nice. Are you going to do 65 Squadron aircraft to go with your 145 Squadron aircraft? Perhaps some 2T aircraft as well?

Dave

2 hours ago, TheCameronPerson said:

XS418 done with 145 Squadron featuring her dayglo stripes.. One down a few more to go

C.

Hard to make out , but is your tail stripe right ?  on the T5 it should extend up over the fin, and you are going to have to adjust the font , "418" is smaller and angular  than on the T4 ( so much for standardisation;) ) (and it has the seat and canopy warning stencils)

D

Yes , too small and too thick. .

Get a photo of the aircraft  and size it as a layer so  the roundel fits ( in height)  if its not true side view. also note where the red comes to on the fin tip.

D

Archived