Screens

dhazelgrove

Please login to display this image.

The Lightning T4 out of Coltishall over the local area.

ORBX England and REX4 textures, P3Dv3.4, Win10(x64).

Dave

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, the one thing I really like with the new shiny style is that it changes the model from looking the plastic shine to a proper metal shine.

The two pictures in comparison. 

Here's my collection to add.

I really like the style of the cockpit. It makes for impressive screenshots having a wide cockpit and fighter jet power.

Wot no 56Sqn tub?

Dave

The Pink Flamingo was 56 sqdns  and they left it out there when they departed. You can paint your own when I finish the paint kit :lol:

D

Yes, we can get to Bodo in Norway.

Dave

Cor the liney's are going to have to look pretty lively to get those Houchins clear before the big-boy rolls !:D

If you don't want the power sets visible in a shot like this just slew the user aircraft a fraction and the rest will follow suit..

D

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:05 AM, TheCameronPerson said:

Have yet to complete a successful AAR, but as they say practice makes perfect..

We know a song about that.....

Wot - no Victors?

Dave

Two Lightnings.. two very different aircraft! I think I'd still definitely fly English Electric rather than Lockheed's incarnation, far less character and mach 1.6 rather than mach 2!? Where's the fun in that?? B)

Apologies to any diehard RAF fans over the paint choice for the F-35B, I thought I'd make a repaint to commemorate the Royal Navy and Fleet Air Arm being back in the carrier game as of today with HMS Queen Elizabeth ;)

C.

No offense but I see only one Lightning on that picture. 

The latter has more power but less speed, meaning far more drag. Probably has a slow roll rate. Tests has shown that it is totally dependent on its sophisticated weapon system. The F-16s picked it apart every time from what I've read. Not impressed at all.   And it is going to be quite expensive to operate. I cannot believe we (Norway) passed on the Gripen for this TBH.

Sorry for being less than my usual optimistic self on this matter 

cheers

E

7 hours ago, Eivin Stenso said:

Sorry for being less than my usual optimistic self on this matter 

We are not exactly thrilled about it  either !! ;)

Dw Eivin I remember you're less than keen on the F-35!:P I've never really got this British fascination with renaming aircraft after previous ones.. I don't know why we even did it with the Typhoon (it was envisaged that it would be Spitfire but the name didn't go down too well with our German cousins..) but in this case the Lightning and F-35 are a world apart. I'll keep open minded about it though and see how it goes, after all there were enough critics of the Sea Harrier before the Falklands and she turned out alright. Sadly though it seems that companies are focusing too much on stealth to the extent where the person sitting up front is just a battle space manager rather than a pilot. F-35 is dependent on sensors in combat and you're right the F-16 did slaughter it on visual range but that particular aircraft was one of the first test production aircraft and it wasn't operating using the "combat software". Since then the F-35 has goy it's on back and killed it many times with BVR. Seeing as most of its engagements are envisaged to be BVR I'll see what happens..

but its charm wont come near to the charm offered by a Lightning blowing out your eye drums before making a break for it to 60,000ft plus B)

Good point illustrated by the screens.  To my untrained eyes the F-35 is foremost an aggressive weapon, a fighterbomber. Not a fast, light interceptor. Norway is a small, peaceloving country (atleast we used to be). We should have no aggressive intentions towards anyone. Thats just plain stupid IMO. Traditionally the task has been identification and interception of incoming threats and covering large areas.

Another thing. I'm willing to bet the strategic minds of our potential enemies is already plotting how they are going to neutralize this great BVR weapon-system using terrain, hacking and perhaps every other countermeasures the can think of. And when they do they are going to have a very easy target. 

E  

Well whatever happens I seriously doubt that the RAF and Royal Navy will feel like putting on another Firebirds type display ;)

31 minutes ago, dhazelgrove said:

This might be relevant:

& that one is a little gem! I haven't heard it in ages!:rolleyes:

C.

Couple of shots here. The first one from P3D V3, the rest V4 

Curvature of the P3D V4-earth

Supercruisin' the US

I love the F2.a.  It has that nice endurance and the difference in power isn't really that great imo. 

However that problem can also be sloved like this :) (paint by Cameron Slater)

Archived