Can "Starting Aircraft" be sorted by title?

Skywanderer

Hello Peter,

Is it possible please to sort the aircraft listed under the "starting aircraft" by title when using different situation settings? The list shows titles but they appear to be sorted according to the aircraft folder name from which they come (I assume that's the order in which they are read). This makes the list appear rather random and makes specific aircraft hard to find in a very long list.

Maybe a sort or search function could be considered in a future version, or at least the titles displayed in alphabetic order?

This is a brilliant product which I am thoroughly enjoying - thank you very much for continuing to develop it.

Stuart

• Developer

Hi Stuart,

the current logic is based on the alphabetic read in of the aircraft.cfg files. For each aircraft.cfg file he is looking for [FLTSIM.0-xx].

If I would sort the list, we would mix aircraft liveries of different aircrafts.

Please try using the Liverymanager and move your aircraft livery into the right order that suites you. Okay?

Thanks for your helpful reply.  I was thinking about the whole list rather than just the different liveries within one aircraft - but I'm unusual in that I have edited all my aircraft so that the titles start consistently with mfr/type.

Alternatively - can I ask exactly what changes trigger a re-reading of the aircraft folder? Is it the timestamp, number of aircraft, or something else? I can sort the Simstarter XML aircraft list quite easily (I don't change my aircraft much) but Simstarter spots something has changed and immediately rebuilds the list.

It's not a big deal, just a nice-to-have, and I appreciate your help.

Archived