No Auto pilot no radar

Debowing

I read the manual and I have watched the you tube videos.

Even thought the autopilot switches( AP STAB MASTER HEIGHT Etc.) are all on, the autopilot is not stabilising the flight. The artificial horizon with the bead is not moving. The radar scope cannot be turned on.

It seems that I am not getting electric power to the aircraft, but there is no indicator saying that the generators are off.

Please login to display this image.

16 minutes ago, Debowing said:

I read the manual and I have watched the you tube videos.

Even thought the autopilot switches( AP STAB MASTER HEIGHT Etc.) are all on, the autopilot is not stabilising the flight. The artificial horizon with the bead is not moving. The radar scope cannot be turned on.

It seems that I am not getting electric power to the aircraft, but there is no indicator saying that the generators are off.

Hi

you appear to have power as the off flags are cleared  and the fuel gauges are reading.... you do not appear to have switched the Autopilot on  ! the switch is down and the indicator says off

Have you turned the Radar on with the switch below the hand controler ?   I see the radar boot is closed in the screenshot , it opens with the clip on the top or can be removed with the stud on the right hand side 

cheers

dave r

Thanks, I try these...I used Shift 2 then the attitude inidicator works.The problem of the autopilot remains. Do I need to be in a tame attitude prior to engaging? Am I properly engaging the autopilot?

The generators are driven by air tapped from the engine , so are automatically on line above around 60%  , if offline you will get the gen warning light.. there is a normal /sby switch  but that should be in normal., using shift +2 and  "set for start"  will put everything ready for flight..

Do you know I have never tried engaging AP in anything but stable flight .. so I don't really know  , but I wouldn't expect that it will engage otherwise. remember as well pulling on the stick will break out of autopilot .

DR

Archived