Afterburner on Twin seater

chrissykes

I have an issue with the afterburner where its been reported before for the Single seater (Zip download is empty?) where the flames are all wrong and move rearwards as airspeed increases. Can this be fixed or can the resize file be made available?

Forgot to mention I'm using P3d v 3.4.22.19868

I also tried the zip in this topic but this just made the flames shorter horizontally but they still moved away from the aircraft.

Hi Chris

I have just wached a video taken in P3Dv3 and I see what you mean. I thought this might be a bug that LM would fix ( it only started in v2)... but It doesn't look like they are going to  so I'll have a look at revising the effect. I'll get back to you when I have results.

DR

With version P3Dv2.4 LM introduced new settings in the ParticleDraw.fx shader. From what I read they did that to fix ship wake effects issues but the downside is that the particle X/Y scales of other effects like afterburners are reduced in size. Doubling the size of the particle X/Y scales in the FX file usually does the trick.

I understood it was a miss sizing on LM's part ... and they would fix it !... but obviously not 

fx_lit3_reheat1 ; 2 and 3  and ; _no1 ;  _no1N  ; _no2 ; and  _no2N  are the codes in question

it's not just the size though , the flame is moving ouside the pipe at speed. You are welcome to have a fiddle , but I'll be working on it today  so I'll get it to you for testing soonest.

D

On 6/1/2017 at 8:44 PM, chrissykes said:

I have an issue with the afterburner where its been reported before for the Single seater (Zip download is empty?) where the flames are all wrong and move rearwards as airspeed increases. Can this be fixed or can the resize file be made available?

Hi Chris

I have posted a zip with the corrected fx

Archived