Lightning query

DavidA

Hi,

I have all three Lightning models installed on my PC.  They're very nice models of the aircraft but I've noticed two little glitches (maybe).  Firstly on all of the aircraft the Nav lights seem to be inop.  Also in the T5 model with the landing gear down and locked when I first load the aircraft up I only get two greens (the port main wheel shows unlocked).  Is there anyway to resolve these issues.

David

Hi David

Nav lights should be working !  what  sim are you using ? if its P3d some versions have a problem with the light fx's scale , it's easily solved I can make the fx bigger .

As for the T5 gear light  a bulb's blown , turn the centre switch to use the alternate lights (that's what its for!) ...meanwhile the nightshift should come along and replace the blown bulb;) 

Cheers

DR

I'm using FSX.  The Nav lights are definitely not working (on my system at least).  I've tried a re-install to no avail.  I look forward to the nightshift signing off the blown bulb!!!! 

edit

Just had a look in the aircraft config file.  I'm not an expert but I couldn't see any Nav Light entries

David

Never had any problems with FSX,

with power on and the  lights selected either nav or all on you should get this  (large beam is the Taxi light)

Please login to display this image.

the green circles are nav (wingtips and tail) and the white the strobes (hard to catch them "on" , but on the spine and under the wingtips (not fitted on T4))

Have you tried keying "L" ?

In your main effects folder do you have the files:-   fx_lit3_nav_col;     fx_lit3_nav_g;       fx_lit3_nav_r ;   and    fx_lit3_navw  ?

the lights are called up via the modeling files so do not appear in the .cfg

DR

Hi,

I do have the appropriate files in my effects folder.  The Nav lights aren't coming on and I'm not seeing the strobes either.  The cockpit lights seem to work and I'm getting the taxi light beam but I'm not sure about the actual light in the housing.  See attached picture.

David

Are you using the mouse to switch the navlights on  , or have you a dedicted switch on your joystick ? 

Using keyboard " L"  what does that light up ?

DR

Using the L key gives me the results shown above.  I've also tried switching the lights on using the mouse and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

David

I've attached some pictures of the F3 with all the lights switched on using the mouse.  The result is the same on F3, F6 and T5

I know there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the lights or the switch , and the fact you are getting the same problem an all the lightnings  must point to something .... but I don't know what !

Please dont take offence but lets make sure you are hitting the right switch .

forward is all on (strobe and nav),  centre is off  and back is navs only.

using shift2 select power on and use "L" to switch the lights on then off again. after that use the switch .

if none of that works do you have any other aircraft in your fleet that have lights assigned to a josyick button or switch?

Dave R

edit:

have the F3 and F6 ever had working lights, or have they failed after the T5 download.

I am hitting the right switch.  But a good idea to check!  I am fairly certain the F3 and F6 had working lights when I first had them.  I haven't flown them in a while.  After downloading the T5 I have the problem I've got now.  Its possible its something on my system breaking it, but I've got no idea what either.

David

Well the Fx files are the the only thing other than the hardware that is common to all models  so lets replace those.

Download these and overwrite those in the effects folder..

also look in the effects / texture folder and make sure fx_2.bmp is there

fx_lit3_nav_g.fx

fx_lit3_nav_col.fx

fx_lit3_nav_r.fx

fx_lit3_navw.fx

D

inside the" texture" folder that is inside the "effects" folder  there should be a whole host of fx_etc.  .bmps.  a lot are default and others will be from other models  

is  fx_litRH among them. ?

fx_2.bmp

Archived