PFPX and P3D v4 support

• Deputy Sheriffs

To be precise: use the P3Dv3 folder configuration and use the Browse button at the end of that line and select your P3Dv4 folder. 

We're all aware of workarounds for this, but what we all want to know is, will a direct path to P3Dv4 in the add-on list, be forthcoming? Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can be quite sure that in some future release you will find P3Dv4 directly supported, just like it happened with P3Dv3. There is nothing to worry about. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

For me exporting works just fine. But my export targets reside below the documents folder and not the P3D program folder.

What add-ons are you trying to export the flight plan to?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

So until now you exported your flight plan to "<P3D>\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS". If that doesn't work PMDG might installed the P3Dv4 version somewhere else, maybe below the "<P3D>\Ecosystem" folder. 

Just select the "PMDG Simulations" line in the list, press the "Browse" button on top of the window and navigate to the "FLIGHTPLANS" folder below the PMDG folder, where ever the installer put it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can't help you here any further, as I don't own the PMDG 747-400. You might want to check in the PMDG forum or the manual where the new location of the flightplans folder is.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

I haven't tried yet PFPX with p3d v4 but I might found the location for the flightplans.

Best,

Fabien

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/05/2017 at 10:41 AM, Tom A320 said:

To be precise: use the P3Dv3 folder configuration and use the Browse button at the end of that line and select your P3Dv4 folder. 

It's very very difficult for FSS developers to add P3Dv4 entry! :lolsign_s: (instead of undocumented EDTO introducted by 1.27.9c hotfix).

• Deputy Sheriffs
38 minutes ago, DomiKamu said:

It's very very difficult for FSS developers to add P3Dv4 entry! 

I am sure that that will come with the next release. Don't mistake the latest hotfix with a full release version (which comes with a complete installer).

21 minutes ago, Cloudster said:

When can we expect to see the next release? It's been awhile.

WHEN the developer has time to complete it !

As P3Dv4 is just a path there is nothing at all to prevent its use currently as already posted.

Exactly. As Stephen says, all you need to do is point your exported flight plan to your P3Dv4 instead of the P3Dv3 folder. I don't think this is a bug, that needs fixing? PFPX asks you for a path to export a P3D compatible flight plan to. Just point it to your v4 folder. Problem solved.

• 6 months later...

Archived