PMDG Add-ons from the Aerosoft Store & P3D V4

CAG2

Hello,

All my PMDG products (except 747) are from the Aerosoft Store. Will they be updated for P3D V4? If so, when? Or will they just be updated via the ops center? Thanks in advance.

Mark

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

What I can say that the moment PMDG offers them to use we will make them available.

That's good to hear either way. Thanks for the swift response!

• Aerosoft

Reply from PMDG: "As we finalize each of the P3D v4 product updates, we are reissuing them in a new installer that is capable of handling installations to either P3D v3 or P3D v4, similar to the approach we took with FSX/FSX-SE."

So we should have the new installers online  the moment they are ready. For boxed users we'll have an upgrade path too, of course.

Mr. Randazzo said it on their forums: "(Aerosoft customers will get their copy from Aerosoft... but it will lag a day or two...)" 

That means starting with the 777-200 you can expect a release around the 12th of July if all goes well. The NGX will follow about a week later.

Keep in mind though that this is software development and anything can happen.

PMGD has a notorious reputation for underestimating last minute issues. So it could well turn into July or August. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to this.

• Aerosoft
19 hours ago, Farlis said:

PMGD has a notorious reputation for underestimating last minute issues. So it could well turn into July or August. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to this.

I think they got godlike status compared to our estimates on releasing the CRJ, lol.

It will depend a lot on if they want to make things 'compatible' or changed so it uses as many P3d V4 functionality as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bringing back a very old post, but I have another question.

I purchased the PMDG stuff before the new store design/system came in - will I still get the new version when it's out?

here is a statement from pmdg:

AEROSOFT-CD/DVD & DOWNLOAD CUSTOMERS We completed this update on Saturday morning, 10JUN17. It will take a few days for us to get all of the necessary pieces to Aerosfot so that they may update their own DVD and Download customers. We apologize for the inconvenience, but this update is simply too comprehensive to be bundled into a micro-update for instant installation. We anticipate having all of the pieces to Aerosoft for their distribution on 15JUN17.

quoted from here https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/512189-10jun17-pmdg-777-200lrf-available-for-prepar3d-v3-and-prepar3d-v4/?page=1

• Deputy Sheriffs

So you are not able to allow AS 2 days for preparing their installers and test everything, while knowing that they have tons of other add-ons simultaneously in the making/testing for P3Dv4?

• Aerosoft
On 6/14/2017 at 11:24 AM, CAG2 said:

A few days? Take whatever time you need, but I can kiss my weekend long haul goodbye...

Gents, it was a short week in German due to a holiday and simply put, when we got the files we simply need to to test them. That means on different machines, different languages, different versions of P3D V4. If we send out an installer that has problems you would also be angry.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Gents, it was a short week in German due to a holiday and simply put, when we got the files we simply need to to test them. That means on different machines, different languages, different versions of P3D V4. If we send out an installer that has problems you would also be angry.

*I wasn't being angry, I just didn't phrase that really well. I was meant to say that you can take all the time you need, as long as it works. Sorry xD

Hi, I saw that the 777 has been updated to v4 also on your shop, but I have this error: ""Installation cannot continue. Your registry does not show a valid Prepar3D(tm) installation location."

I've googled it but nothing solved it, can you help me?

Hello! In my download account it also shows an old date (also 12.1.2016 / version 1.10.8333). But according to the information from the Aerosoft Onlineshop, should the current download version P3d v4 compatible? Could someone please clarify this? Is the update of the PMDG 777 for P3d v4 available on Aerosoft or not? @Mathijs Kok Could you please clarify this? If no, when can we expect the update?
There seems to be a lot of uncertainty here ....

Thank you in advance!

Greetings from Salzburg / Austria
Markus

Please login to display this image.

Archived