So Here's the Rub....

macca22au

Normally I would have pre-ordered the CRJ to get the benefit of the discounted price...

But, I will have P3Dv4 by then.

I will keep v3 on my SSD, plenty of disc space, but I will not buy new add-ons for it.  (Yes I opted out of the Megacity sale as well).

I will happily buy any and all of the Aerosoft products I have, when they are ready for v4, and enjoy them in upgrade or completely rebuilt versions.  A320/321 series is urgent for me, and the A330 should have an installer for v4 automatically.  

To avoid registry and installer problems I know I will have to uninstall any duplicated add-on from v3 each time, but this will gradually get me over to v4 in full.  I have tons of old FSX discs for anyone who wants them!!

The CRJ is v4 compatible - I've been doing all development work in the past two months almost exclusively with v4. The final product will contain versions for FSX, FSX:Steam, P3D v3 and P3D v4. In other words: if you want to save some money by pre-ordering, you take no risk.

I currently have P3D v3 and v4 installed on the same SSD, but naturally limited the add-ons mostly to v3. Some add-ons (for example FlyTampa St. Maarten) install into v4 without any issues - even the scenery.cfg entry worked fine. In general, you're right. Whenever something becomes available for v4, uninstall it from v3 and install it into v4. Most registry entries created by add-ons are only required for the uninstall process btw. so a dual install should be possible if you know how to manually clean up the Uninstall section of the registry later.

Archived