• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Paul Golding said:

Now all we need is access to a plane for newer photo's:unsure:

Should be easy with still 64 flying. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see the A32X Neo series as an add-on for the new Aerosoft busses. And afterwards some more A33X variants (like the A330-200F). And if you really want a good selling plane isn't the A350 an option???

vor 26 Minuten, Er!k sagte:

And if you really want a good selling plane isn't the A350 an option???

Thats a great idea! 

But Mathijs said before, that Aerosoft hasn't planned to do so at the moment, because it is a pretty deep aircraft! Totally new systems and stuff like that, make it to difficult to model...

But I would like to see it as well!

vor 3 Stunden , Airbus A340 Pilot sagte:

Looking definitely not good. Nose looks not that Nice

I agree on that.

It just looks like a mini mini version of the A350. Both have a very similar front. A front/nose design which looks pretty odd to me in my opinion.

But if we will have to choose between a modern REGIONAL aircraft then I would definitely go for the Embraer E-Jets Second Generation E2. Beautiful Brazilian made regional aircraft with very nice designed wings.

On 5/28/2017 at 4:26 AM, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

My uncle was pilot on the A340 for LH and he´s now A380 pilot. So he knows best I´d assume.

And again and again. We´re talking about virtual world and not real life. Even if A340s are getting more rare, we can still have fun, flying it in our sims. I´ll go over to X Plane now. There is a MD11 in production. How many MD11s are still in service? No passenger version and so on and so on. But many will fly her around and also the passenger version.

The reason PMDG felt confident making a 744 is because it is so iconic: People will fly it from airports that couldn't even handle it in real life, it simply is that recognizable. The case is not the same with the A340. As for the MD11 in production in X-Plane, I should mention that the entire X-Plane market seems to work differently then the MSFS market.

Personally. I would like to see a colab with PMDG, so we can finally have a study level Woodpigeon.

8 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

I would like to see that Aerosoft buys the PMDG and Boeing licenses for the MD11X, re-compiles the DLLs and brings it our for P3D V3/V4 :)

Would love that, but will never happen. PMDG would never sell their product under its condition being that its so old albeit extremely good simulation. They already having enough trouble compiling the NGX for 64bit saying that its very old as well. Well MD11 is that much older.  My favorite aircraft but no matter how we look at it, the aircraft is dead unfortunately . 

21 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

I would like to see that Aerosoft buys the PMDG and Boeing licenses for the MD11X, re-compiles the DLLs and brings it our for P3D V3/V4 :)

Buying a product like this is fraught. Look at at LM and Dovetail, LM got a lot of the Aces team, Dovetail didn't.   Don't know if you watch Great British Bake-off, C4 bought it for £27m, all the people in it wandered away.  They were left with a soggy bottom.   The real value is in the people and the team, Aerosoft have a great team and have produced some real winners.  They aren't afraid to show what they are doing, because nobody could copy it if they wanted to. Same applies to PMDG, superb product, almost impossible to copy. So a PMDG takeover is never going to happen. It would make more sense to headhunt the team, and create new products.

At this point, I don't see a single Airbus aircraft Aerosoft could realistically do, and as it has been said the Boeing market is covered. I would agree with others that an E-Jet series would be a good decision.

13 hours ago, Speedbird ATC said:

At this point, I don't see a single Airbus aircraft Aerosoft could realistically do, and as it has been said the Boeing market is covered. I would agree with others that an E-Jet series would be a good decision.

They could build any of them, and they would sell. The A350 and A380 have another layer of complexity, the A340 is going the way of the dodo so not such a great seller perhaps.  The newer ones would take an extended period to develop, if they  can get good flight info on them.  We are more likely to see 'Neo' addons for what we already have ( or will have ).  If for arguments sake Aerosoft could get info on the A350 sufficient to model one, then my best estimate on completing it would be around 2020, they have to support development till then, far from cheap.  They have to have some confidence in the sim platform and market, in what is the far future to accountants. Look what has happened to simming since Aerosoft started the A330 project, who would have predicted that? The best question to ask yourself is, which aircraft would I invest €50k in ( not an accurate figure ) and come away with a profit?  I don't know what I would do.

It would be the best to see even a dumbed down version of the A380 or A350, but I have no idea if that is possible. The E series has already been done. Its not great, but workable. I could care less about the A340 and wouldn't buy it, but would LOVE to the the A332.

Scott

• 1 month later...
On 30.5.2017 at 21:23, Airbus A340 Pilot sagte:

Lufthansa has not only 24 A340s. That´s the number of A346. They´ve got 18 mor A340-300. Etihad (ok will be retired in Oktober)

South African 8 A343 and 9 A346

Virgin Atlantic still 6 A346

Aerolineas have got 6 A343

Air Mauritius still 6 A343

Mahan Air 4 A343 and 6 A346

Iran Air ORDERED several A343 and A346

Kuwait Airways 4 A343

Philippine Airlines 6 A343

Qatar Airways 4 A346

Scandinavian Airlines 8 A343

TAP Portugal 4 A343

Turkish Airlines 4 A343

We did forget the newly formed spanish airline Plus Ultra Lineas Aereas 3xA343 (fleet size: 4 aircrafts) ,

the south american Surinam Airways 1xA343 (fleet size: 4 aircrafts)

and the pacific Air Tahiti Nui 5xA343 (fleet size: 5 aircrafts)

all 3 airlines which are dependant on their A340s for the long hauls

source:  Planespotters.net

On 21.6.2017 at 22:28, Rihards sagte:

I will jump on this topic and say that it would be awesome to see the Cseries :)

I would also LOVE to see the Cseries done by Aerosoft. I have been reading into the plane a lot lately and I just think it is a fabulous work of engineering done there. I also has some characteristics to it that make it quite interesting for the simulation world (like the fact that it can fly regional routes but also can fly across the Atlantic with a range of 6112 km - just to name one). 

If I would create an airline I think I would definitely want the Cseries in my fleet. 

On the other hand I of course know that it is a very new aircraft and that not that many figures are know yet so I think that it might stay a dream for a couple of years :( but we'll see... and one can still keep dreaming (that Aerosoft has contacts to some people at Bombardier having made the CRJ?), right?!

At the moment only the A350 tickles my fancy..... The A340 is now a dinosaur, the A380 orders are dropping rapidly.  The Boeing 787 and the A350 are the planes of the immediate future.  But their level of automation is enough to make Quality Wings the butt of endless jokes in trying to bring a 787 to market, and Aerosoft has shied away from A350 for the sheer technical complexity (and lack of industry cooperation). TheA318-321 will no doubt be brushed up in future, but personally I am not into historical or legacy aircraft like the DC6, the B707 or DC-8. I can't really help Aerosoft, the market risk is big!

Please keep in mind we´re talking about a simulation plane. In simulation, the A340 will never be a dinosaur. And we don´t have to watch out for the A380 orders. Even planes like 707 aren´t dinsaurs in the virtual world.

Yh, of course thats not a positive sign for you. But: 

As you said and even if I have to admit, that I really almost don´t have any plan of modelling and coding (and so on) an aircraft for P3D, the A350 and A380 are too complex. Of yourse many many many people would buy an A350, or A380 as it´s the biggest commercial aircraft ever built, but I´m sure, there are many people, even if they now say, they wouldn´t buy an A340, who would but it when done by Aerosoft though. And I know the disadvantages coming with an A340, but me and I think you as well, also know the advantages of the A340. The biggest of course is, that you´re about to develop the A330, so the sister of the A340. You know, A330s and A340s do have so many things in common. (Btw: You modelled the Trent700 engine for the A330, the sound is exact the same than the one of the Trent500 engines) And I won´t be able to change your mind (well, I´d like to, but I can´t) but you know about the many difficulties coming with an A350 and A380, and I think it would not be so much fun for everybody who is involved in your Airbus projects, to develop a plane for so many years. I think, A350 and A380 and all very very complex aircraft will be easier to develop with the very very much advanced future technic, but after the A330 already? I don´t know. And of course this is possible, but I don´t hope you´ll stop with producing Airbus aircraft as you´re quite skilled regarding airbus aircraft. 

But wouldn´t it be fun to develop the longest Airbus aircraft, and the second longest after the 747-8? A four engined jet? I hope, it would be much fun;)

Mathijs, I hope, you´ll take a deep look at all the advantages, and disadvantages of the A340 when discussing about the next product, I really can only hope for that, but there is one thing, I know for sure: You will definitely make the right decision, and I won´t stop hoping, until you open an Aerosoft A340 preview topic;)

And if you would make the A340-600, you can be sure, me and my uncle (he loves flying the A340-600 and is sad about flying the A380 now) would buy all the copies left, that the A340 gets profitable for you ;)

Thank You and best regards,

Daniel:)

Archived