FSX Issues

DaRkShAdOwS123

Hi, when i fly the airbus or any PMDG my frame rate is fine on departure and cruise but when i disconnect the autopilot for approach my frame rate drops really low. it never used to be like this but all of a sudden it started doing it.

could you help me fix it

Thanks Ryan

Hm. Do you assume that, or did you actually check that in the Windwos update history (just checking).

Does it happen in default aircraft as well? Did you crank up any scenery settings? Or did you tweak them before via the .cfg file and had the FSX-settings menu opened in the sim (in which case some of the tweaks will be removed by automation which will cause a drop in performance ofcourse)?

Something must have changed, otherwise all would be the same. Sometimes it's just hard to find out whodunnit.

Ideas anyone?

Grtz., Hans

The thing is, I received the Windows 10 Creators update yesterday. I noticed a drop in fps as well at some point where I didn't notice it before. It dropped from a steady 28-30 to a 14-16.

I updated my graphic drivers to the last version and it was gone. So maybe it's the drivers, maybe it's some changes in Windows that affects the drivers, but it's worth a try.

• Aerosoft

With every update of Windows there are some people who find it affects their framerate and thousands where it does not seem to have any effect. Unless you have done some serious testing it is rather hard to see where the updated windows could affect fps. A graphics driver can have effect, in extreme cases even a significant effect.

But ALWAYS keep in mind that you need to do serious testing, same settings, same conditions to make serious claims. I do these test before any windows update and I actually never have seen any Windows update making FS slower. Only faster.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived