mig

Madeira X Evolution v1.04

14 posts in this topic

Hi!

First let me thank the developers for the v1.04 patch. This product is becoming gradually polished and I can confirm a very good performance increase. This has now  the potential to become the best Madeira Archipelago Flight Simulator Scenery ever.

 

I would like to point some "out of the box" issues I have found with the latest version. I am running Prepar3D Academic v3.4.22.19868 on a Windows 10 x64 Pro machine.

 

  • LPMA airport name is incorrect. The actual name is Madeira Airport - Cristiano Ronaldo.

59262f3a56c67_LPMAName.thumb.jpg.1fc915ae99882a02eae10cb8e3f030c1.jpg

 

  • If you start a flight out of Porto Santo (LPPS), no matter what, one will not have windmills. In order to display the windmills you need to first load your flight at LPMA (Madeira) and then switch back to Porto Santo (LPPS).

59262f48d9f96_Nowindmills.thumb.jpg.bc8137358944740e832784708b7b8c65.jpgWindmills.thumb.jpg.3ad6c815def6cfdacb41e1cc99a68db4.jpg

 

 

  • Porto Santo island lighthouses situated at "Ilhéu de Cima" islet and "Ilhéu de Ferro" islet have no working lights.

59262f34073f3_IlhudeCima.thumb.jpg.44777dda2dac83fd53e84fff48c297bb.jpg59262f371bb4e_IlhudeFerro.thumb.jpg.0958aae4b443b103ba59fc0514ab217f.jpg

 

  • Porto Santo island has no 3D lights.

59262f424e123_LPPSno3DLights.thumb.jpg.59c656a6db3ad03b79413ad83b1ac217.jpg

 

  • Porto Santo "Ilhéu da Fonte da Areia" Islet is flat (no mesh).

59262f30f39e5_FlatFontedaAreia.thumb.jpg.33b155a87cd47a8ca3acab4799e42d43.jpg

 

  • "Ponta de São Lourenço" islet, located at Madeira Island has no mesh. It is completely flat. Also the islet lighthouse is not emitting any light at night. Probably as the rest of all of the Madeira island lighthouses (not tested).

59262f4b795f6_PontadeSoLoureno.thumb.jpg.489c804b1a2da508733c045cbb5b3c60.jpg

 

  • Madeira, as Porto Santo, is lacking 3D lights with the exception of LPMA airport surroundings.

59262f3eef7fd_LPMAno3DLights.thumb.jpg.13d43899c6627a73bfd0c1f57ad96b5f.jpg

 

  • Madeira island texture is "washed" and "dull" compared with the airport textures. Also there is a partially hanging big building (at the end of the bridge).

59262f519a7f8_Washcolorandpartiallyhanggingbuilding.thumb.jpg.7a5a116c275bf38d477aefa26e728fc5.jpg

 

That's it! As I said before these issues were caught on the fly... There are probably more things to report that I am unaware of... (e.g. GSX issues, etc.)

Regards,

Luís

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Luis,

 

I will check what you mention above tonight when at home.

 

I also have that partially hanging big building.

Looking at your last picture, it seems the runway at LPMA has no white markings, they are instead very faint/grey. And the centreline is darker.

Watch my video in post #159 here:

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Raymond66 said:

Hi Luis,

 

I will check what you mention above tonight when at home.

 

I also have that partially hanging big building.

Looking at your last picture, it seems the runway at LPMA has no white markings, they are instead very faint/grey. And the centreline is darker.

Watch my video in post #159 here:

 

 

 

I have passed from version 1.01 to 1.04 I don't know if we, Prepar3D users, had runway markings issues with the previous versions. In v1.04 and Prepar3D I have no problems with runway markings. Maybe it's an FSX SE specific issue?

Markings.thumb.jpg.69cd61837347113a3f9e650c67c60d28.jpg

 

Regards,

Luís

 

PS: This shoot also evidentiates the difference in color regarding ground texture of airport and airport surroundings and the rest of Madeira terrain texture.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Luis,

 

23 minutes ago, mig said:

In v1.04 and Prepar3D I have no problems with runway markings. Maybe it's an FSX SE specific issue?

Yes, as I can see the white markings of v1.04 are fine in Prepar3D but not in FSX SE.

 

25 minutes ago, mig said:

PS: This shoot also evidentiates the difference in color regarding ground texture of airport and airport surroundings and the rest of Madeira terrain texture.

Yes, but this has been in v1.00, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 too, and still in v1.04.

 

Regards,

Raymond

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My flight system is fairly outdated for today high end hardware standards... Nevertheless I am able to pull good FPS from Madeira X Evolution v1.04 with very high settings. I usually fly with more conservative settings though.

 

Please check the YouTube video:

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mig said:

If you start a flight out of Porto Santo (LPPS), no matter what, one will not have windmills. In order to display the windmills you need to first load your flight at LPMA (Madeira) and then switch back to Porto Santo (LPPS).

Yes I confirm this in FSX SE too.

 

 

15 hours ago, mig said:

Porto Santo island lighthouses situated at "Ilhéu de Cima" islet and "Ilhéu de Ferro" islet have no working lights.

Yes I confirm this in FSX SE too: the top is lit, but there is no rays of lights rotating. I don't know if this is the case in real life.

 

15 hours ago, mig said:

Porto Santo "Ilhéu da Fonte da Areia" Islet is flat (no mesh).

Yes I confirm this in FSX SE too.

 

 

15 hours ago, mig said:

"Ponta de São Lourenço" islet, located at Madeira Island has no mesh. It is completely flat. Also the islet lighthouse is not emitting any light at night. Probably as the rest of all of the Madeira island lighthouses (not tested).

Yes I confirm this in FSX SE too: the top is lit, but there is no rays of lights rotating.

 

 

15 hours ago, mig said:

Madeira, as Porto Santo, is lacking 3D lights with the exception of LPMA airport surroundings.

Yes I confirm this in FSX SE too.

 

 

I will soon have a video ready to show more lights problems...

 

 

Regards,

Raymond

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Raymond66 said:

I will soon have a video ready to show more lights problems...

 

Details:

1. By day the PAPI lights disappear then reappear, both 05 and 23 sides when getting closer to the runway: so, this is a bug.
2. If then, you select the night time, the PAPI lights work fine: they do not disappear/reappear. The volumetric lights close to the airport buildings are fine.
3. If then you select the day time, the PAPI lights again disappear then reappear, both 05 and 23 sides when getting closer, and the volumetric lights close to the airport buildings are ON! They go OFF if you move closer to them, and get back ON if you move away from them. This is another bug.

 

 

And we can again see that the white marking are still missing (they appear in grey).

 

Also, there is a lorry embedded at the top of the slope near the middle of the runway. Video from 4:19 to 4:55.

 

I hope my recent posts will help the developers for future improvements.

 

Watch this video:

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to add that I had the 3D lights missing problem. However, the developers messaged me sharing a BGL that was missing from the initial 1.04 installer which added the 3D lights. They said they would update the installer ASAP.

 

Cheers!

 

EDIT: I'm in P3D v3.4

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flightplayer said:

I just wanted to add that I had the 3D lights missing problem. However, the developers messaged me sharing a BGL that was missing from the initial 1.04 installer which added the 3D lights. They said they would update the installer ASAP.

 

Cheers!

Thank you. I am glad this is officially confirmed!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sharing the file the devs sent me as a temporary solution for you. I believe there's not a problem with that.

Remember I'm in P3D so I don't know if it works for FSX but you can try...

 

Place it in P3D\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\MadeiraX2016\Scenery

SCENERY.rar

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flightplayer said:

I'm sharing the file the devs sent me as a temporary solution for you. I believe there's not a problem with that.

Remember I'm in P3D so I don't know if it works for FSX but you can try...

 

Place it in P3D\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\MadeiraX2016\Scenery

SCENERY.rar

 

Obrigado!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raymod I think the PAPI issues you are experiencing are FSX SE related (check video). Also want to point out (@ developers) that there are other parts of "Ponta de São Lourenço" (not only the lighthouse islet) that have a poor mesh with some flat terrain. Please check the following video (mesh issue is shown on the end).

 

 

Regards,

Luís

 

PS: The shared BGL fixed the lack of 3D Lights on both islands.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Luis,

 

Yes I have the same poor mesh there too.

 

For the PAPI lights we have to wait for a fix in FSX SE... I will try the rar to fix 3D lights.

 

For lack of white markings on the LPMA runway, I am not the only one, see this german post:

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I did some testing.

1. Porto Santo "Ilhéu da Fonte da Areia" Islet is flat (no mesh).

The mesh file contains the necessary data, but it is not displayed. Maybe an exclude, I don't know.

5929634584260_meshissue2.thumb.jpg.ac1d5dccfdb4b1f9ce438e9ca44a5668.jpg

 

2. "Ponta de São Lourenço" islet, located at Madeira Island

I can confirm, that the data is missing:

5929637fa1237_meshissue.thumb.jpg.469bb2a8f659260947925c2a573d068e.jpg

 

Maybe @MK-Studios or @OPabst can identify the problem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now