Now That The Cat Is Out Of The Bag...P3d v4

AA777-200ER

Lockheed-Martin just announced the release of Prepar 3d V4 on May 30, how is Aerosoft going to handle the release (installers, compatibility, etc) Hopefully you been beta-testing for a while now.

Darryl

hope that aerosoft will have updates available before P3D V5 will see daylight, because many of aerosoft titles have never reached P3D V3 states, like Lisbon,helsinki , dublin and many more.

13 hours ago, AA777-200ER said:

Lockheed-Martin just announced the release of Prepar 3d V4 on May 30, how is Aerosoft going to handle the release (installers, compatibility, etc) Hopefully you been beta-testing for a while now.

Darryl

You will hear an official statement on that shortly. I do expect it to be similar to the v3 release in regards to sceneries, tools/aircraft might be different though due to the 64bit nature of v4 which does not allow a simple port over of a complex airplane.

2 minutes ago, sydney1962 said:

hope that aerosoft will have updates available before P3D V5 will see daylight, because many of aerosoft titles have never reached P3D V3 states, like Lisbon,helsinki , dublin and many more.

Just like with v3 before: If an addon can easily be ported over we'll do it. If technical difficoulties occure it is up to the developer if he wants to fix them.

Do not expect 5 or 10 year old addons to be almost redeveloped to meet the new plattforms requirements.

we all know that porting over is not a good way to improve quality, but I really find a strange that as soon as a new developer

comes with a remake a of old aerosoft airport , suddenly there an update with new installer.

Also when we can port over old scenery as mentioned above by ourself then a new installer is not a hell of a job,

all bigger developers have updated their installers for P3D , so don't tell me that aerosoft cannot do it.

I even dear to say, that many people in the sim world will pay a few euro extra, to have these big european airports

in P3D V4.

13 hours ago, sydney1962 said:

Also when we can port over old scenery as mentioned above by ourself then a new installer is not a hell of a job,

all bigger developers have updated their installers for P3D , so don't tell me that aerosoft cannot do it.

Of course Aerosoft can, but not all at once. Aerosoft has hundreds of products, so it'll take time to do them all. Besides, it's not just a new installer. It requires recompiling the source code and of course lots of testing since incompatibility issues may arise. Even if you pick an average of one week for each product (which I think is very fast), you'd still need a couple of years for each product to be made compatible.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:05 AM, AA777-200ER said:

Darryl

Mathijs answered the OP's question here. I'm closing this topic so we don't have numerous threads basically asking/answering the same thing.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived