Hi,

I  am  brand new to PFPX and this forum,  downloaded and installed PFPX last night then used Navigraph to update FMS information for Xplane and Route database for PFPX. After update I was asked to run a check on  the  routes which show a  lot of errors. So  I waited and ran the database check again  tonight  and  still am getting 3900 of 9040 routes that fail.  Is this something that is normal when updating,  is there a way to  correct the issues or  should I  just delete the failed routes?

Thanks  for any   assistance!

• Deputy Sheriffs

PFPX comes with lots of routes which as matter of fact became outdated/invalid after they got created (years ago). But that is not much of a problem at all. PFPX don't need pre-compiled routes to work with while planning a flight as it generates routes by itself.

After getting annoyed from these "update" messages with every AIRAC update I completely wiped all of them from my disc. Never used them anyway.

The 'Update' function checks stored routes against the installed AIRAC data and will notify the errors if they no longer match.

PFPX will not automatically correct the routes, that is for you to do if you so choose.

Archived