Can't delete IRS____.ttf font after uninstall

McGoose

Hi folks,

just uninstalled FSX for a complete reinstall.

Noticed "FSX\fonts" folder could not be deleted as the font "IRS____.ttf" was still in use (which turned out to be installed by this plane).

Also, there is a shortcut (not the font) in "C:\windows\fonts\IRS Standard" linked to it.

I only managed to get them deleted by starting Win7 64 in safe mode with command prompt.

Is there a more elegant way/fix to solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

• 1 month later...

Really? That's your response to a customer? You provide software that upon uninstallation, leaves behind messes like this font issue, and that is all you have to offer?

Anyway, for those who have trouble removing this via Safe Mode, another option that worked for me is as follows:

Open regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

Find IRS____.ttf and remove, reboot and delete.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, solrayz said:

Really? That's your response to a customer?

On 21.5.2017 at 6:24 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

standard Windows problem

So what do you expect? The web is full of such issues, caused by Windows (or how it is being used) and not the font itself or the software using it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, solrayz said:

Anyway, for those who have trouble removing this via Safe Mode, another option that worked for me is as follows:

Additionally was the original question if there is an elegant solution. Modifying the Windows registry can hardly be called an elegant (or more elegant) solution.

• Aerosoft
15 hours ago, solrayz said:

Really? That's your response to a customer? You provide software that upon uninstallation, leaves behind messes like this font issue, and that is all you have to offer?

Or we wait until Microsoft fixes this issue. It is documented. I do not believe our un-installers should be designed to fix Windows issues. It can be very dangerous, certainly in this case where removing a font can cause other add-ons to fail.

Archived