Mathijs Kok

Mega Airport Singapore X preview

No official progress reports since April when @Mathijs Kok would "try to get some updates". Seeing how this product is still labelled Singapore X rather than Singapore Professional, I have a faint hope that there will be an FSX version coming out, but it seems less and less likely for every day that passes, and I don't really like how questions to Aerosoft in this thread seemingly fall on deaf ears - as a long-time reader of Aerosoft's forum I know this usually spells trouble. I appreciate that as customers we're not in a position to "demand" information, but I think the posts in this thread indicate that there *is* an interest in this product, even if the competition has launched a competing product for P3D, so asking as politely as possible, could we possibly get an up-to-date report on the status of this project? TIA :-)

Vor 1 Stunde, Jan Broe sagte:

No official progress reports since April when @Mathijs Kok would "try to get some updates". I think the posts in this thread indicate that there *is* an interest in this product, even if the competition has launched a competing product for P3D, so asking as politely as possible, could we possibly get an up-to-date report on the status of this project? TIA :-)

Look, even though many people are interested in this product there might not be any updates on it.

Maybe the developer doesn't have anything to share - in the last time we always saw something from Mathijs or other admins if there were any news on a product but if you have nothing to share you can not share anything.

Edit :  and I have no idea why you would downvote this comment ? this is simply the truth and nothing we can do about it 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Lennart1948 said:

Maybe the developer doesn't have anything to share - in the last time we always saw something from Mathijs or other admins if there were any news on a product but if you have nothing to share you can not share anything.

Edit :  and I have no idea why you would downvote this comment ? this is simply the truth and nothing we can do about it 

Back in January, Mathijs wrote that they were expecting files from the developer. Since then there's not been a single word about the progress. I simply refuse to believe that after 11 months of silence, there should be nothing to report. But even if the project had indeed been mothballed for all of 2018, by all means say so! In many other threads on the Preview forum, reporting problems and delays are not a problem.

For the record I was not the one downvoting your response, but to counter the downvote you received, I have just upvoted it.

• Upvote 1

vor 1 minute, Jan Broe sagte:

Back in January, Mathijs wrote that they were expecting files from the developer. Since then there's not been a single word about the progress. I simply refuse to believe that after 11 months of silence, there should be nothing to report. But even if the project had indeed been mothballed for all of 2018, by all means say so! In many other threads on the Preview forum, reporting problems and delays are not a problem.

For the record I was not the one downvoting your response, but to counter the downvote you received, I have just upvoted it.

Alright, sorry for being a bit too fast there.

I can really understand your concerns and thoughts but there is simply nothing we can do. Who knows may be the project has been forgotton or something else. Who really knows except the ones working on it ?

Surely I wouldn't demand a product, even if a good Singapore scenery is really missing in the FS world. But with all respect to Aerosoft for their effort for transparency and communication, wouldn't it be better sometimes not to announce anything until you really know the project will materialize? I mean, isn't there a lot of unagreable justification talks for Mathijs or other Aerosoft members for projects like Johannesburg, to some extend Brussels and perhaps the PC-6 and now this one, as we fear? ...be it an external developer or some in-house developer - I don't think such early announcements are a real benefit or a good advertisement for Aerosoft, whatever the reason for a very long development time or even a cancellation might be...

I'll be happy if it really should come out some day and I would certainly be a customer then. But I'm sorry that I've lost some trust that it's really going to happen because of the past experiences at some projects.

Guys, believe me, we want this as much as you. But I simply have no news I can share.