Mathijs Kok

Mega Airport Singapore X preview

Recommended Posts

Anders Bermann    506
1 hour ago, FWAviation said:

Don't you think that this is a bit harsh, @KingMusjo? You may share Diuhh's opinion or not, but he has a fair point and he doesn't sound like those ranting trolls who just come by to play the party pooper. We have to be able to bear also critical opinions without calling for the forum police immediately. And yes, while I was happy to see that Aerosoft will publish a Singapore scenery, I also asked myself whether it's good to clash this scenery with the aforementioned product of the other developer. So I'm a bit torn and therefore can understand Diuhh's basic sentiment. That doesn't mean, though, that I bash Antti Haka's and Aerosoft's decision to develop Singapore. I'm also curious how they will do the job as compared to the other developer. And I'm also certain that Aerosoft has a good reason why they go ahead with this project.

 

You are right, of course. That WAS harsh - but to be honest my point still stands! 

I'm just a tiny bit tired of people constantly complaining regarding new developments - let it be sceneries of airplanes... 

 

I guess, I just didn't really understand the point of complaining - it won't change anything...

 

Oh, well ... 

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Initious    0

This is certainly interesting! Hope the future developments like T4 (which will commence operations before this is released as it is due to open soon) are added. It will certainly be great to include some scenery around the airport to make everything look better. Hopefully this gets released before another WSSS project which is also in the works (we all know who eh?) so I can get this instead! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edicool    2

Looks stunning @Mathijs Kok ! So happy you guys chose Singapore. Really excited for another of your wonderful airport! I know you guys usually don't focus on cities around airports but I'm just wondering if there is a chance the Singapore Skyline will be included as it is one of the most amazing modern cities with beautiful buildings such as the Marina Bay Sands? Sorry if it's too early for questions like this. Anyway, keep up the good work, I'm really looking forward to this release! :)  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anders Bermann    506
17 minutes ago, Edicool said:

Looks stunning @Mathijs Kok ! So happy you guys chose Singapore. Really excited for another of your wonderful airport! I know you guys usually don't focus on cities around airports but I'm just wondering if there is a chance the Singapore Skyline will be included as it is one of the most amazing modern cities with beautiful buildings such as the Marina Bay Sands? Sorry if it's too early for questions like this. Anyway, keep up the good work, I'm really looking forward to this release! :)  

 

Indeed! This looks really amazing. Looking forward to see the terminals.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anders Bermann    506
7 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

A little hint: 64-bit compatibility means that executable code, like DLLs or EXEs (not XML or LUA!), needs to be compiled for another target CPU, which is really no big deal. Sceneries are not executable code, just a huge amount of data, even the "code" for moving objects is just data from the CPU's point of view. So, a scenery for 64-bit is exactly the same as a scenery for 32-bit. If somebody says that their scenery is ready for 64-bit, all they're talking about is additional DLLs they use... mostly for copy protection.

 

+1

And for some kind of extension of features, I suppose? Like SODE for instance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KingMusjo said:

 

+1

And for some kind of extension of features, I suppose? Like SODE for instance?

Yes, SODE is executable code. As far as I was told at the FS conference in Paderborn a few weeks ago, the developer already said that he would make it work with P3D v4.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anders Bermann    506
3 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Yes, SODE is executable code. As far as I was told at the FS conference in Paderborn a few weeks ago, the developer already said that he would make it work with P3D v4.

 

Ah okay. Thanks, Hans for explaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueFinn    14

It looks really good! I hope that Antti will make a return to Helsinki once the new terminal is finished, but that doesnt belong here really.

Looking forward to more screenshots!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eugenelee    2
8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

 

Normally we do not include structures that are not yet build because we have seen many times that architectural drawings do not really match the resulting objects. 

 

But if you like WSSS projects, be happy! You will have a choice. 

 

Hi Mathijs

 

I am happy to have your project as a choice.

 

Terminal 4 has obtained Temporary Occupation Permit and handed over to the airport operator for testing. The passenger loading bridges have all been commissioned. The terminal is opening for passenger use in a few months and not having it will be an impact on operations and simulation since some airlines will transfer to terminal 4. Should you require photographs of Terminal 4, please contact me separately.

 

Lastly, would like to add that while the hold short lines are present, the words "HOLD SHORT" are not there. Thank you

 

Eugene

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aviator1985    126

I must admit it was some bittersweet news at first, as airports like RKSI, RJTT, VTBS or ZBAA haven't been announced or at least not to the degree where one would be confident enough for certain release. And I find it hard to imagine there'd be no marketplace for those four mentioned airports. Anyway, but since WSSS is one of those airport I crave for the most right now, and if the quality is anywhere near what those screenshots suggest (and if it really is A-team) I find myself extremely excited for this one. Can't wait to see some Tower shots :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mathijs Kok    22721
13 minutes ago, Aviator1985 said:

And I find it hard to imagine there'd be no marketplace for those four mentioned airports

 

About 50% of the customers for an airport scenery are normally locals (okay not for Lukla, lol) , people for whom it is the nearest airport. If that local market does not exist things get a lot less attractive. Also keep in mind that for all airport projects we do we want to do a photoshoot in possible in any way. Some airports simply do not allow that. All these things play a role. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Poe Dameron    87
55 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

About 50% of the customers for an airport scenery are normally locals (okay not for Lukla, lol) , people for whom it is the nearest airport. If that local market does not exist things get a lot less attractive. Also keep in mind that for all airport projects we do we want to do a photoshoot in possible in any way. Some airports simply do not allow that. All these things play a role. 

I'm surprised Changi let you guys do anything tbh. They're almost communist when it comes to spotting/taking photos here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, eugenelee said:

Lastly, would like to add that while the hold short lines are present, the words "HOLD SHORT" are not there. Thank you

 

Not so sure. Please see attached

 

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NFLAviation    22

Wow .. these very great.
Aerosoft decide open market for Asia Scenery. Well Done Aerosoft.

These will be Great Year for Aerosoft Team and Developer Team ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ClashinJon    6
4 hours ago, andersenbali said:

 

Not so sure. Please see attached

 

Capture.PNG

That says "HOLD LINE" not "HOLD SHORT"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom A320    2929

Where exactly is your problem? The preview pictures show HOLD LINE and the satellite pictures of Google Maps also shows HOLD LINE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CXY    0
16 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Where exactly is your problem? The preview pictures show HOLD LINE and the satellite pictures of Google Maps also shows HOLD LINE.

Is he referring to the Rwy 02C area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wieland1138    10
On 19.5.2017 at 13:08, Diuhh sagte:

Cairo, Perth, Johannesburg, Cristchurch, Auckland, Darwin, AbuDhabi, Nadi

 

 

..Ho Chi Minh City, Catiglan Boracay, Pnom Penh, Fukuoka....to stay in aisa....

 

 

and please animate the ships laying in the sea, seen on final approach..that view is soo stunning

 

800px-Final_approach_into_Singapore_(6349813718).jpg

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeansy    4

With 32bit sims alone, I would've cringed at the thought of a detailed WSSS  with the Airbuses and PMDGs, thus  I  wouldve been reluctant to even consider  this airport as a purchase due to the number of foreseeable OOMs, even in the most modest aircraft with the current addons these days many people would or could have found difficulty in smooth FPS alone due to the destiny of the scenery of the local area

 

however......

 

with introduction of the 64bit platform, this is another story.......

 

Go for it guys,  the current payware addons for the Singapore and Malay region are some what dated and with the added 10-12GB of extra VAS, its definitely time for a major overhaul to current standards. Plus more major HUBs and exchanges like WSSS are welcomed, now since we can now fly with the level detail and addons outside the restrictions of the older MSFS platforms for the past 30years.

 

However Im for Duihh's  suggestion for YPDN, but thats for a suggestion or request thread, not this thread. 

 

If its going to be anything like WADD, it will be a winner. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mathijs Kok    22721

Keep in mind that using another 10-12 GB of VAS means a lot more objects and polygons to handle. You will need a serious graphics card to handle that. By now it is very obvious that the 64 bit platform really demands GPU power. The time you needed a high end CPU and a low end GPU for your sim is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeansy    4
6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Keep in mind that using another 10-12 GB of VAS means a lot more objects and polygons to handle. You will need a serious graphics card to handle that. By now it is very obvious that the 64 bit platform really demands GPU power. The time you needed a high end CPU and a low end GPU for your sim is over. 

 

For me I was suffering horrible OOMs with a 6700k @ 5.1 and GTX 980 in SLI  after 30-60mins of flying the A320 or PMDG 737 in V3.4

With majority of the same scenery and higher settings, I gave up after 17hrs with the pmdg 747 without a OOM in V4

Im not complaining, Im keen to see what developers come up with next.

We are entering a new playground that no one is really familiar with and the possibilities are untested.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now