Nd panel problem

sparkle1987

Hello guys,

i have a problem i don't know how to fix it. My p3d installed in 'D' drive 

My problem is like that

15:17:35 : ERROR :Opening file failed! Filename: 'D:\Prepar3d\NavDataPro\NavData\airports.txt'
15:17:35 : ERROR :Opening file failed! Filename: 'D:\Prepar3d\NavDataPro\NavData\navaids.txt'
15:17:35 : ERROR :Opening file failed! Filename: 'D:\Prepar3d\NavDataPro\NavData\waypoints.txt'

I can't see airports, navaids, waypoints on nd panel. I delete my cfg file but still doesn't work. I'm waiting your helps 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Are the reported files in place or are they missing?

In the Airbus configurator what Navdata source did you choose?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you modified the file

• C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\NavData.ini

in any way?

The AS Airbus reads the location of the nav database from that file. The default location of the NavDataPro is "Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\" below your P3D program folder, i.e.

• D:\Prepar3d\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\

Make sure to have the folder configuration correctly done within the given ini file.

[EDIT] Please re-install the bus again, following this instruction to the point:

• Deputy Sheriffs

That is a clear sign that the installation went wrong.

Please re-install the bus as I have written before.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please start the airbus configurator (also as administrator) as Otto suggested in the first reply here.

What do you see there configured?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just for clarification: you have installed the Airbus as administrator (right click on setup exe file, then "Run as Administrator..."), you have not logged in into your Windows with an Administrator account, right?

I did what you say Tom. I ran the exe as administrator. I have not logged into my windows with an Administrator. I think i have to follow different way to fix this bus:(

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am running out of ideas actually. Please refer to this post, grab both files from there and place them into your "C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus" folder.

I copied navdata.ini and sharedconfig.cfg files C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus folder stiil doesn't work. I think i need whole other files in airbus folder. Is it possible to give other files?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Even if I would send you a copy of my folder, who knows what else is still missing on your system. The problem is, that for what reason ever the setup doesn't owrk correctly on your machine.

I am currently checking what further logging/tracing possibilities we have to get to the bottom of this. 

I will come back to you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can you post the exact name of the installer file you are starting and the Airbus version you are installing, please?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Seems to be the correct file. Other question: What is your username in Windows? What language version of Windows do you have?

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, sparkle1987 said:

My pc name is my name

Just to be sure, you login into Windows with your name (that was the question), or is the name of your Windows machine your name?

Archived