Random Over speeding & Climbing/Descending in mid cruise

Hey everyone im really not sure whats wrong but i have had so many problems with the Aerosoft Airbus lately but one thats really starting to annoy me now is random overspeeding and climbing/descending mid cruise. Im currently doing a flight from Manchester - Skiathos and about 40 minutes into the cruise the nose pitched up and the speed when to about 400kts. Im pretty sure that this doesn't happen in real life i know the Airbus is supposed to have some type of feature that stops it from being affected by turbulence so it does this type of thing but it should not be doing it this bad i mean im just cruising along and it just randomly does it and throws me off course. I have been in a Airbus several times and its never done this before. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated,

PS im not running any other Weather addons or any addons at all only thing im running is the Aerosoft Airbus with default scenery etc. (FSX: Steam Edition)

Hi,

if you are not running weather addons this may be the problem.

FSX uses "weather blocks" and if you fly from one block into another your windspeed can change abruptly and without any warning.
This in return causes the Airbus to overspeed or stall.

In real life such wind changes in cruise are smooth and take a lot of time, therefore not affecting the airplane really much.

Using a weather addon (be sure to check the addons featurelist to make sure wind smoothing is included!) or FSUIPC's wind smoothing should solve the issues you experience.

• Deputy Sheriffs

FSUIPC is available as freeware and payware (with additional features). "wind smoothing" is only available in the payed version, which is highly recommended anyway.

IMHO I've never seen another addon being usefull as FSUIPC. And the price of around 22 GBP is more then affordable.

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

• Deputy Sheriffs

Another thing to take a look on would be your FPS in the moment this happens.

The bus needs at least stable 18 FPS. Everything below can cause effects you are seeing in your bus.

Can you upload a screenshot of your flight instruments next time it's happening? I'm wondering if you have accidentally moved your thrust levers out of the "climb" position.

On 5/15/2017 at 11:44 PM, BradThePilot1 said:

Is it free? If not is there any software that is free that will do it?

Hi,

The free version is available as mopperle stated above. Unfortunately it gives a good impression for the addon only without any big practical use, which is typical for free software. You need to spend another Euro 24 for purchasing a licence, which opens you a huge variety of features.

In regards to the above I would like to make a general comment, which some people may not like, but it is a fact.  Peter Dowson had done a marvelous job creating FSUIPC. My full appreciation to his efforts and great job done! What I would like to mention here is that an addon having such big variety of features normally should be taken in consideration by the developers of SIM software and included in it. It is really a pity that famous products like FSX or P3D have very weak settings sections for joystick, weather, scenery, etc. It is beyond reasonable understanding why the developers of such famous products do not approach capable people like Mr. Dowson and include their achievements in the products. All this is business of course, but business has Customer satisfaction side also... I am using professional software in my daily activities and may consider myself knowing the importance of settings for such products.

Hope the above helps a bit.

To anyone who wanted a Screenshot of what happens here you go. There was a master warning light but i was watching a video when it happened and didn't quite screenshot it fast enough.

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

I am facing same issue shortly after reaching the cruise altitude. Could not find a reasonable answer in the net and was trying to apply my own solution. It works satisfactory for me when switch off and switch on the auto thrust button (not seen on the screenshot). 

I feel that Tom is the right guy to comment.

Autothrottle has nothing to do with an overspeed condition, unless you are in TOGA LK mode, which you should disengage as soon as you are out of the dangerous area on departure.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The screenshot clearly excludes an ALPHA.FLOOR situation. Therefore I doubt switching the auto thrust off and on again will be a solution in this situation.

For me there are two possibilities left: a possible FPS problem (I asked for the FPS in that moment, but the screenshot doesn't show them), or as Emi suggested a weather problem. As Emi said, FSX comes with a not very sophisticated weather system. There is the chance for sudden and very severe changes in the weather. 

The logical next step to find the reason would be to have a close look on your FPS. Press "Shift-Z" two times to enable the FPS display, and check its mean value the moment the problem shows up again.

Tom,

I am using FSX Active Sky Next Configuration Tool as a weather engine, which might be solving the weather problem mentioned by Emi. Would appreciate your comments, if I am correct stating such. FPS will be checked during my next flight and will publish it. Hope BradThePilot1 will not object using his post for such. Alternatively I will open separate post immediately.

TOGA LK mode is not an option at all. It is switched off long before the situation happens. It is seen on the MFD as per the attached screenshot also.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please let us not hijack this topic with another problem, which to me yours is. So please open a separate topic.

Yeah at the time this happens i had about 50 fps so i dont think that was the problem i think like you said Tom it must be a weather problem because its not happening at the minute  and its not too bad weather so that must be the reason why but thanks to everyone who replied

On 5/17/2017 at 6:15 PM, BradThePilot1 said:

To anyone who wanted a Screenshot of what happens here you go. There was a master warning light but i was watching a video when it happened and didn't quite screenshot it fast enough.

The issue here is that you are seeing the Overspeed protection in action.

For some reason (most likely a wind shift) the airspeed has increased in to the overspeed band. In this situation the aeroplane will pitch the nose up in order to reduce the speed.

As mentioned above, the most likely issue is not with the Aerosoft Airbus per se, which is operating exactly as designed and as the real aeroplane would, but with the FSX weather model.

Archived