SimStarter NG:Starting client programs in Run Manager.

jsmcwilliam

Hi! I just acquired SimStarter and am having problems with my Server/Client setup. I run with Windows 10 on both computers, Prepar3D on the server and vPilot, EFB and ASN on my Client via a local network. I want to start these client programs from the Run Manager and have the appropriate paths now in the run manager. When I run my profile the programs start on the Server and not the Client! I cannot figure out whether the local copies of these programs are being started since I have copies on both the client and the server but it looks to me that the client programs are being started but on the server - if this is possible.Sometimes I get an error: Unhandled exception. Unable to obtain public key for StronNamePair. Any help grately appreciated.

John McWilliam

P3Dv3_userChanges.log

SIMstarter NG.log

• Developer

Please post a DebugPack to see your complete configuration.

Did you read chapter 8 in the SIMstarter NG manual to configure SIMstarter Client?

I read chapter 8 and made a few changes. I found SimStarterClient under freeware and installed it. I then followed the instructions and tried to run my new profile. Nothing happened on the client, however, the log indicated that it was waiting to be connected to the Trigger File. The folder on the server was empty. I have been able to copy files from the client to that folder so the permissions should be OK.

ASN, vPilot and EFB can all be run in a remote configuration when I start them manually and I have no problem starting the server versions using SimStarter, however, something is amiss in my configuration which prevents me from starting the client versions of these programs. I enclose the Support Pack for your prerusal and hope that you are able to diagnose where I have gone wrong.

John McWilliam

20170501-15h10m50_SIMstarterNG_DebugPackage.zip

Hi again,

I had omited to start Run SimStarter NG Client on the server configuration- now I can start my remote programs. I still have a problem, however, with vPilot. The server version starts OK but I get an error: "no flightsimulator available" when SimStarterClient tries to start the remote version. If I then start this manually that works for me.

John

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Now I have created a .bat file to start vPilot on the client and that seems to work fine. One remaining question, can I close my remote programs as on the server when I shut down the sim? I suspect the answer is no but I thought I would ask anyway. Thanks for creating a very useful addon and you can thank Froogle for introducing it to me.

John

There are profiles which require a different set of client programs. For example if I want to create a profile for the training program FSiPanel then I only need to start ASN and perhaps EFB on the  client whereas a full flight requires additional addons. I cannot see that this is possible running SimStarterClient unless I create different versions of SimStarter_Runset.ini and rename them manually before running the program. Any comments?

Archived