A320 will not stay on flight plan

Hey Guys I am newbie but I am having issues with the flight plan I think I did everything right but though I turn on AP and the plane dose some type of s-shaped turn and then slowly deswnds downward I was flying from KMGM to KSFO and I don't what to do PLEASE HELP!!!

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, JKAIR said:

... I think I did everything right ...

I would like to ask you to work yourself through the provided step by step guide (Vol6-StepbyStep EN.pdf) and perform the included tutorial flight. By that I am sure you will find the faulty step you are currently doing.

If the problem also shows up in the tutorial flight please report back and provide screenshots (png or jpg format) from your ND, PFD and the FCU. Also provide the complete flight plan.

OK I am currently at school I will be able to get on and see in a little while but in the mean time what do you mean by the tutorial do you have a link.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just take a look into your Windows start menu. Within the Aerosoft Airbus menu you will find all documentation that came with your Airbus as also all other (quite useful) tools.

Alternatively you can also do a file search for the pdf on your harddrive.

Before we get any deeper I would like to thank for replying to my issue and also what do you think the issue may be.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It could be anything, and personally I am not a big fan of guessing but instead of structured analyzing. With following the procedures described in the step by step guide we will exclude handling errors. If the problem persists the screenshots will help to analyse the situation deeper until the error reveals itself. 

So what am i doing wrong i am flying from KBHM to KMSP i tried the tutorial from the file and that just made me even more confused.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You have armed the LOC mode which is active now. So you are basically telling the bus you would like to land. 

Don't touch the LOC button before and during take-off, and check the FMA (upper line in the PFD) that you are in NAV mode.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad it works now for you. But please let me repeat my suggestion: work yourself step by step through the step-by-step guide. That surely takes some time, but it's worth every minute. As it really shows you how to fly the Airbus.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived