Simstarter creating duplicate SODE program entries in EXE.dll

dom8984

Hi,

SODE isn't running properly on my P3Dv3. I use Simstarter to start the sim, and then on loading I see an error "Another SODE process is still running in the background."

This thread on the SODE forum seems to indicate duplicate entries of the SODE module in the two P3D exe.dll files may be causing the problem https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiw7vPwy-LTAhXoJcAKHfyaCkEQFggwMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsode.12bpilot.ch%2F%3Ftopic%3Dsode-v1-4-2-warnung-another-sode-process-is-still-running-in-the-background&usg=AFQjCNEDbcBCTWX_xlKxBbA_bAfH5Elxxg

exe.dll seems to exist in both places : 1. C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
2. C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

I see paths to both are configured in the SimStarter program settings. EXE.dll files is both locations seem to be updated whenever I start the sim via Simstarter. I think Simstarter is writing the path to SODE module to both dlls. I can delete the SODE entry from one by hand, but Simstarter seems to create it again.

Any ideas how I can keep using Simstarter but make sure the SODE module is only written to one copy of the exe.dll?

Thanks,

Dominic 

• Developer

Hi Dominic,

this can't be caused by SIMstarter NG (from my current understanding of the problem).

SIMstarter NG isn't adding anything to the dll/exe.xml.

But in this case I would simply delete one of the entries. :O)

Hi,

Issue resolved - my bad. I had a whole bunch of SODE files installed in the wrong place - I was going off on a tangent looking for a fix in EXE.dll.

Simstarter doesn't seem to be recreating deleted entries in EXE.dll. Perhaps the SODE installer was, I probably ran that a lot in the last couple of days! 

Thanks for your help.

Dominic

Archived