APP PERF DATA: VAR WINDS

JESUS_LOSPI

Hi guys,

Just a question. Often I've var winds conditions on destination. What is the correct way, if any, to input this wind condition in the App Perf page ?

Thanks in advance

I actually don't know exactly... But what I would do, is entering some backwind in order to get a higher approach speed! That's better than a lower one, becuase when the wind suddenly changes from head- to backwind and your speed then decreases, it is more likely to stall the aircraft or to go around!

I also enter it as a tailwind, though Airbus are not specific so this is 'technique' rather than the law!

In practice it actually doesn't make a jot of difference: the minimum headwind component considered by the GS Mini computation is 10 kt, so if the wind you enter on the PERF APPR page is a tailwind or anything less than a 10 kt headwind, GS Mini will always be VApp - 10

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Archived