P3D no longer starting correctly

Hi Peter,

I've had a scan through the forums and couldn't find a similar problem. I have been using simstarter with FSX for a while and have moved over to P3D. I wanted to get P3D setup and running right before using simstarter. The main reason is that with the PMDG 747 & loading into KLAX I'm getting OOM's too easily so simstarter will help me with that.

So this morning I was able to start P3D fine using the P3D exe (no simstarter) but after setting up Simstarter with all the settings and configs I'm unable to get P3D to run. P3D launches, I get the splash screen but after a short while it disappears. P3D shows up in Task manager but there is no taskbar icon and the sim isn't really 'running' if that makes sense. Only option is to kill it using task manager.

Where I am at now is that the last config I had simstarter in I used it to halt a few Dll/exe's from loading to see if they were the culprit (fsuipc object flow etc). No simstarter still won't run P3D but I was able to start P3D using its shortcut but obviously this isn't loading the dll/exe's. Is there a quick way to return all the simstarter modifications made back to 'default' so that I can start from scratch?

Have you come across this before?

Thanks.

Another update - I can start P3D on it's own with all modules loading but not able to do so using Simstarter.

I tried refreshing the cfg but that hasn't helped. If there is a way to completely remove all settings and profiles so I can use simstarter from scratch I should be able to get it working.

• Developer

Mainly this happens if a complex Addon Aircraft has been used. Please try using a Default Aircraft and swich to your PMDG after the flight has been loaded.

That seemed to solve the problem.  Thanks.

I now have an issue where SimStarter can't modify scenery.cfg!

If it isn't one thing its another!

• Developer

Are you starting NG with Administrator Rights?

Please double check if the assigned "ScenerySets" are "Ticked (Checkboxes enabled)" in the Profile Configuration. :O)

Thanks Peter. In the end I changed the permissions of all FS related programs to ALWAYS run as administrator regardless of how they are started. One of the best changes I've made! Can now go back to using Simstarter to run everything and it just 'works'.

Thanks!

Archived