Parking out of position in EDDM

Dudley

Hi  I bought this the other day and installed it in P3D V3, with the help of SCE.  As the screenshot shows, everything is out of position relative to the stands. This is the same for the AI aircraft too. I am thinking that I have some sort of clash with something else that is shifting the positions slightly.  Can you help tracking down the problem? Thanks.  

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, wingnut said:

Hello;

Are you using a Traffic Program,like My Traffic,if so rename the BGL for the airport.

Mark

I have UT Live which injects them directly,  and my own Airbus is out of position by the same amount.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You should let your file explorer search for all files containing EDDM in their name. Maybe there are some old remains of other previously installed add-ons still in your sim.

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

You should let your file explorer search for all files containing EDDM in their name. Maybe there are some old remains of other previously installed add-ons still in your sim.

Hi Tom  I have tried that, it only finds the Aerosoft files.

I have gone back to it now, and the apron and taxiway textures have disappeared. 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't know what you did there to lose the ground textures of the scenery. If you are not able to revert it, I would suggest to re-install EDDM again.

Afterwards I would like to ask you to open a command prompt on your machine, navigate into your P3D program folder and execute the following command:

dir *eddm*.* /s > !eddm_files.txt

It creates an !eddm_files.txt file into the current folder. Please attach it here. I am sure there is something on your machine that interferes with EDDM.

• Deputy Sheriffs

About the positions:

For test purpose please rename the following from .bgl to .off

• G:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\ABP_EDDM.bgl

About the textures:

At what positions do you have EDDM and all the ORBX stuff in scenery library? Can you post a screenshot of the library please?

I tried turning off the ABP_EDDM, I just got  a rather scorched looking texture on the the ground.  No change in positions.   Orbx central just moves all it's own stuff to the top of scenery.cfg every time it's run.  Have attached scenery.cfg

scenery.cfg

• Deputy Sheriffs

I haven't updated my Orbx Central yet, but in the 2.x version you needed to properly define an "insertion point". I guess you still need to do this in v3.x. Please refer to the Orbx documentation on this.

If I remember right the AFCAD file for EDDM may be located in the aerosoft\afd\scenery folder - as most of the "older" GAP airports

Archived