Mega Airport München (EDDM) some Gates inverted 180°

Hello,

unfortunately the previous topic was closed too soon.

Further investigation have shown that not only GSX loads inverted but also if you directly start at those particular gates, you get your plane inverted. I am talking about all the Gates from Terminal 1 that face W (Positions 170-197). Even the traffic program spawns the planes inverted.

Therefore I am now convinced that the Airport has a bug.

I'm not flying all the time online and fly a lot to EDDM. Unfortunately the inbuild ATC always assigns me those gates (maybe it's livery related) which is kind of annoying.

Would it be possible to correct those positions and push a new AFCAD (e.g. as a hotfix) to be manualy replaced by the user?

Thank you.

Regards,

Gerald

• Developer

Sorry, but this is worked as designed. The Addon based on the situation from 2010 and at this time (and at positions in the east still today) they was/are used as "pushin" position, where the aircrafts parked nose to taxiway.

It's possible that at most of the gates this is now handled different, but it is not a bug of the afcad or the scenery, it's just as it was at the time the addon was developed. You can check older photos in Google Earth for that.

When the scenery gets a redesign, this will then be changed also the afcad to the the situation at releasetime of this version, when ever it is done.

Hi Oliver,

I was not aware that those positions where used as push-in positions. Strangely, they also have guide-in systems which I thought are used by pilots when parking the ACFT. Newertheless it is unfortunate that this decision has been made since this type of push in services don't exist in FSX/P3D.

Can a user himself rotate those parking spots using ADE (without breaking the entire airport)?

Regards / Besten Dank.

Gerald

• Developer
vor 1 hour , GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

I was not aware that those positions where used as push-in positions. Strangely, they also have guide-in systems which I thought are used by pilots when parking the ACFT. Newertheless it is unfortunate that this decision has been made since this type of push in services don't exist in FSX/P3D.

Those Position have no docking system.

vor 2 Stunden , GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

Can a user himself rotate those parking spots using ADE (without breaking the entire airport)?

You can try it, make a backup of the original AFCAD before.

Oliver,

thank you for your time and answers.

As a final request (before closing this): Could you point me to the file where the those parking positions are defined (I think there are more .bgl files in the package)?

Best regards and keep up the good work!

Gerald

• Developer

AF2_eddm_2010.BGL in the SCENERY Folder below <FS>\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Munich, that's the Afcad of this Airport Addon.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived