Tobus

Last batch: back to Paderborn

Have you made it around the world?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Have you made it around the world?

• Yesss, back at Paderborn after 2.5 years!
    • No, I didn't make it :-(

FlyingAxx    129
20 hours ago, gazoeller said:

On 1.9.2017 at 2:03 PM, FlyingAxx said:

Yeah, it looks really nice, Mathjis. However, without having the bird I resisted downloading the livery. I posted yesterday my order number to Toby (and a second request -  independent from our tour), asking him forwarding it to you. As I already wrote above, I can wait.

Axel,

please read the PM carefully. There you can find where to send your order info.

BTW I made the same mistake before. ;)

Quite clear, wasn't it? :blink:

sideout    24

The last waltz.... Andras Field to Paderborn

2017-8-14_10-12-34-710.thumb.jpg.73db13128bf74291cba764ffd9a66868.jpg

2017-8-14_10-26-37-587.thumb.jpg.8b783e88b3cc647f2cbe4a86d5ccc3a4.jpg

Someone's painting the town red!

2017-8-14_10-45-5-265.thumb.jpg.8ed9aa87c10a2334a08cf63bfc5c937b.jpg

The end is nigh....

2017-8-14_11-14-59-833.thumb.jpg.24a51dbfcd9d73b96d206e02fb2cfea8.jpg

Here I go for the final time, wheels down and locked

2017-8-14_11-19-53-786.thumb.jpg.8aef3019f55d97b68cc5683c2c73b39c.jpg

.......... and the Fat Lady sings!

2017-8-14_11-29-4-159.thumb.jpg.819571d29ec5bd2cb2e5d9b0a3941d07.jpg

To echo other's thoughts, many thanks to Tobus and Aerosoft for facilitating this adventure, and to all those who have taken part.  You have all made this a far richer experience than I could ever have imagined two and a half years ago!

I wish all my virtual friends good luck for the future and may you all enjoy your Flight Simming!

Hopefully, we'll be able to do it all again one day?

As for me, I'm embarking on a tour of all my FSX UK and Ireland airfields, in alphabetical order....

Cheers,

Sideout (a.k.a. Nigel)  :)

nealmac    244
25 minutes ago, sideout said:

As for me, I'm embarking on a tour of all my FSX UK and Ireland airfields, in alphabetical order....

That's a great idea. I've been wondering what to do next, and this sounds like something worth trying in my C180. Could you post the list of airports you plan to use?

FlyingAxx    129
4 hours ago, nealmac said:

I've been wondering what to do next,

Hmm, I don't have any problem as I'm standing at the moment at Shigatse Peace Airport (ZURK, Tibet), waiting for the next Sunday in order to continue my even longer lasting RTW that some buddies and I started on July 17th, 2011. :P It's our second tour as we finished before a similar RTW trip by using FS9 as platform.

Besides flying there will be also some other work to do as far as missing, misplaced, or poor quality airports are concerned. That's part of the fun for me as well. However, for mid-range distances I will try integrating my brand-new CRJ, the generous gift of Aerosoft, in my hangar of actively used planes. At the moment it's still packed in a container waiting for being finally assembled before putting it into service. ^_^

The picture below shows two of us (well me and some lights above me) about 16 minutes after taking off for our first leg in 2011 at Puerto William (SCGZ) on our way to Rio Grande (SAWE).

59ad9d4212b0f_2011-08-14_20-16-08_FSXAB.thumb.jpg.1bc954a2a124614506fc7d6afceb9f7a.jpg

Actually, we took relatively small legs (if possible) and often small planes, but we even didn't visit all airfields along our route. There remains a lot to see, even if we tried to pick the rather spectacular fields and landscapes (e.g. the combination of hills and water).

sideout    24
9 hours ago, nealmac said:

.... Could you post the list of airports you plan to use?

Certainly Neal, I'll tidy up my list. It's basically FSX plus Playsim airports of UK and Ireland, including Channel Islands, Scilly, Isle of Man etc.

Another thing I did was fly a Beaver seaplane around the coastline, investigating all the rivers and islands... How the long winter evenings fly past ;)

• Like 1

nealmac    244

Haha, TBH I never mess about with the time and season settings, because they are completely bugged, in the sense that they never work properly. So I usually just fly with ever P3D is defaulting to.

FlyingAxx    129
On 9/8/2017 at 2:00 PM, nealmac said:

So I usually just fly with ever P3D is defaulting to.

Neal, does this mean that you're not setting the actual date to be the one being set in your sim or is it ORBX requiring seasons to be manually set? Sorry for such silly questions - I don't use it up to now.

Hey, meanwhile I'm trying climbing up the learning curve required for my new bird, the CRJ. Well, a manual flight, booting the flight with running engines, worked quite well, but today the flight example to Monterey had been a mess when descending. I've managed to do a really nice landing, but there was nothing about using the ILS-approach. I had to circle before in order to kill altitude and did a beautiful and soft visual finally. The whole action must be repeated more then once I'm afraid. BTW, I got a bit nervous because of my fuel consumption. What's your experience in this respect?

nealmac    244
21 hours ago, FlyingAxx said:

Neal, does this mean that you're not setting the actual date to be the one being set in your sim or is it ORBX requiring seasons to be manually set? Sorry for such silly questions - I don't use it up to now.

Hey, meanwhile I'm trying climbing up the learning curve required for my new bird, the CRJ. Well, a manual flight, booting the flight with running engines, worked quite well, but today the flight example to Monterey had been a mess when descending. I've managed to do a really nice landing, but there was nothing about using the ILS-approach. I had to circle before in order to kill altitude and did a beautiful and soft visual finally. The whole action must be repeated more then once I'm afraid. BTW, I got a bit nervous because of my fuel consumption. What's your experience in this respect?

Hi Axel

I'll be honest with you, I'm not really sure what my time/date settings are. I just load P3D up and I use whatever time it's set to. It always defaults to afternoon in spring, and that works for me. The only time I make a change is when I want to do a night flight, but that doesn't happen too often. I prefer doing day time flight because I can get better screen shots.

As for the CRJ, I agree with you. Managing the descent is very tricky. I have it since the day it was released, and I'm still struggling to get a smooth descent, although I am improving with practice. If you go into the DIR TO page on the CDU, it gives you the required descent rates you need in order to cross your waypoints at the correct altitudes. I'm fairly sure this is considered "cheating" by real world CRJ pilots :lol: but it helps me out a lot.

FlyingAxx    129
16 hours ago, nealmac said:

If you go into the DIR TO page on the CDU, it gives you the required descent rates you need in order to cross your waypoints at the correct altitudes. I'm fairly sure this is considered "cheating" by real world CRJ pilots :lol: but it helps me out a lot.

Thanks Neal, seems to be a nice hint. However, the FMC looks like being even more limited than the one of the old ATR 72-500, supporting not only the written descent rate information in the CDU, but a path and speed command bar in the PFD additionally. Well it's not too hard calculating the TOD, but as shit might happen in any situation causing extra stress, or distraction by a super attractive #1 serving a cup of tea :wub:  (hehe, that's gender neutral) any extra help for pilots seems to useful.

As the weather obviously becomes terrible during the next days, I wish you a pleasant last leg nonetheless!

Philouplaine    96

Hi friends,

With some delay, I finally made it to Paderborn-Lippstad after a 2.5 years World Tour ...

Philippe

Leg 123 (or is it another number,??) completed: LOWI-EDLP

Back to Starting Place!

Flight route. Green, planned; Red, actual.

17091207183110968215266438.jpg

Saturday September 9th, 2 PM, we are at gate 9 at Innsbruck-Kranebitten international airport. After a long stay in the Inn valley, we’re ready for the last leg of this 2015-2017 World Tour. This is a beautiful September day, the weather forecast is quite pleasant … time to go!

17091207183510968215266439.jpg

Five minutes later, we are at 6,500 feet climbing to FL200 over the Inn valley below with a view over the Inn rive,r and the small city of Kematen-en-Tyrol. We are roaring over the mountains of the Karwendel. We see the big 600-m high cliff that forms the north wall of the Inn valley which is quite visible from Innsburck airport, this is the Martinswand (the St Martin wall).

17091207184010968215266442.jpg

We climb fast to FL200 and fly over the Wörner peak just in front (at 2 500 m). Behind this rocky wall lies the Bavarian plain that can be seen in the distance.

17091207184310968215266443.jpg

At FL280, climbing to our cruise altitude (FL340), we have Munich city on our right.

17091207184710968215266445.jpg

On our finale to runway 24, we fly close to Paderborn, on our right.

17091207181910968215266432.jpg

Landed on Rwy 24 … last landing of this 2.5-years journey around the World.

17091207182210968215266433.jpg

Taxiing to the gate, we can see the Aerosoft building … Is Mathijs looking at one of these windows?

17091207182610968215266435.jpg

Parked at ramp parking 16 at Paderborn-Lippstadt airport after a 50-min flight from Innsbruck.

17091207182910968215266437.jpg

17091207184910968215266447.jpg

16010501112610968213875515.jpg

Well, this is the end of that fantastic adventure. Hope all the best to you all buddies! A great thanks to Mathijs for initiating all this (and also for all the nice gifts we were and are awarded) and a special mention to Toby, the right guy in the right place for sure! Thanks to you all.

As said by Farlis-the mountain climber: “See you all around, virtually.”

Take care.

Philippe

gazoeller    130

@Philippe,

glad to see you made it too, after 2,5 years having you as companion on this tour with your informative flight reports. :cheers_s:

I'm missing you at Andras Meridian Arlines. Well if notv there, then I hope to see you on the next Aerosoft tour around the world in 80 days.

I will try to participate in this tour with the generous gift by Aerosoft the CRX 700/900 X in the specific "Aerosoft RTW in 2,5 years" livery.

@Neal,

hope you will also finish soon this tour. You did a great job when catching up from the very end of the pool at a very late point of time. :clapping_s:

I realized that you will participate as well in the new Aerosoft tour around the world in 80 days. I'm looking forward having you as a companion on this new challenge.

Wish you always happy landings

Gernot

nealmac    244
12 hours ago, gazoeller said:

@Philippe,

glad to see you made it too, after 2,5 years having you as companion on this tour with your informative flight reports. :cheers_s:

I'm missing you at Andras Meridian Arlines. Well if notv there, then I hope to see you on the next Aerosoft tour around the world in 80 days.

I will try to participate in this tour with the generous gift by Aerosoft the CRX 700/900 X in the specific "Aerosoft RTW in 2,5 years" livery.

@Neal,

hope you will also finish soon this tour. You did a great job when catching up from the very end of the pool at a very late point of time. :clapping_s:

I realized that you will participate as well in the new Aerosoft tour around the world in 80 days. I'm looking forward having you as a companion on this new challenge.

Wish you always happy landings

Gernot

Gernot,

I finished it Monday evening. I posted my final report in the other thread.

Yeah, I think I will give this new tour a go. I'm still a bit unsure of the rules. It seems everyone is using small GA light aircraft. I was hoping to use some bigger birds. Also, it seems there aren't many English speakers signing up, so I might get a bit lonely :lol:

Philouplaine    96

Hi guyz!

Ooooooooooops I made a mistake in english grammar :(

"For sure you will miss me gys" was to be correctly meaning: "For sure, I WILL MISS YOU guys" ... because of the inverse construction of this sentence in French: Vous allez me manquer. In French, we put "YOU" in the first plave and we write You will miss ME.

The English construction of teh sentence is inverse: I will miss you.

I was meaning: I will miss you all:!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

Gernot, you wrote, I quote:

@Philippe,

Believe me, I'm impatient to meet you (and Neal, the Irish, and all others) for real and share a beer or 2 or 3. ... ;)

All the best to u all

Philipe

FlyingAxx    129

5 hours ago, Philouplaine said:

Believe me, I'm impatient to meet you (and Neal, the Irish, and all others) for real and share a beer or 2 or 3. ... ;)

Not only for you Philippe, if one of you guys will ever touch down in or near Berlin, pls. drop me a PM just in time.

gazoeller    130
On 13.9.2017 at 14:33, Philouplaine sagte:

Hi guyz!

Ooooooooooops I made a mistake in english grammar :(

"For sure you will miss me gys" was to be correctly meaning: "For sure, I WILL MISS YOU guys" ... because of the inverse construction of this sentence in French: Vous allez me manquer. In French, we put "YOU" in the first plave and we write You will miss ME.

The English construction of teh sentence is inverse: I will miss you.

I was meaning: I will miss you all:!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

Gernot, you wrote, I quote:

@Philippe,

All the best to u all

Philipe

Don't worry Philippe,

we got your message.

How about meeting at Lelystad (EHLE) on 4th November 2017? I'll be there at the airport.:cheers_s:

Gernot

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.