Creators Update!

GEK_the_Reaper

Guys,

do not, I repeat, do not update to Windows 10 Creators Update! I'm struggling with my PC ever since. FSX had somethimes JUST 8 FPS (where I had 30..40). I tried everything with it including a clean install deleting all SSD partitions.

Also AS2016 performs bad. Creators Update brakes even it's GUI.

Unfortunately I deleted the Windows backup and had to reget the official Windows 10 Anniversary Update ISO. Just finished the new install and I'm back at my wellknown FPS with latest nVidia drivers 381.89.

Regards,

Gerald

Yesterday I read a topic that issues may occure when you use the Microsoft download tool to force the creator update. MS is rolling out the creator update based on hardware, so if it is not available for you, there is possibly an issue.

I manually installed (before I read the article, and besides the GUI of AS2016 and some flickering when switching views in FSX the rest seems to be OK).

HiFiSim is working on an update for the GUI: https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?8268-AS16-MAIN-PANEL-PARTLY-DISAPPEARS-WHEN-MINIMIZED/page2

vor 1 hour , Hans Hartmann sagte:

1) Nobody can confirm this problem

2) If you use a 2017 operating system, you might consider not using a 2005 simulator...

Pls read on HiFi Tech forum and also try a general google search (you will find a ton of complaints at Microsofts forum aswell). But if you are so furtunate, then keep on flying and always 3 green. Thanks anyway for the -1 in trying to 

Vor 1 Stunde, Er!k sagte:

Yesterday I read a topic that issues may occure when you use the Microsoft download tool to force the creator update. MS is rolling out the creator update based on hardware, so if it is not available for you, there is possibly an issue.

I manually installed (before I read the article, and besides the GUI of AS2016 and some flickering when switching views in FSX the rest seems to be OK).

HiFiSim is working on an update for the GUI: https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?8268-AS16-MAIN-PANEL-PARTLY-DISAPPEARS-WHEN-MINIMIZED/page2

I know they are working on it. Just wanted to say that there are some changes that might brake your apps. I spent a lot of hours installing everything one by one and nothing seemd to work.

Even MS stopped the rollout. I forced it, as anybody might do, because it was listed in the update feature. They should have get rid of that to.

4 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Pls read on HiFi Tech forum and also try a general google search (you will find a ton of complaints at Microsofts forum aswell)

I googled a bit and several people who had issues with FSX after creator's update could solve it by writing a fresh FSX.cfg (back up the old one first). You should try that too.

As for the AS16 problem... I can reproduce that but honestly, it's just a window that isn't being redrawn completely after being restored from the taskbar. Resize it a tiny bit and it's back to full glory. I doubt it has any influence on how well AS16 works or not.

Hans believe me or not, I did all of that,

I saved and compared all fsx.cfg after every single addon installation with notepad++. I spent hours and hours regarding this issue. I even reformated my drive with 64k allocation unit. I have no idea what could have caused it but it works again with latest 1607 build.

I even turned Cortana and the new W10 Game Overlay off as also the Steam overlay. I also DDU my graphic drivers to get FSX back flying.

I'm using creators update with no problems, I tried FSX SE DX10 and everything are working fine. Well, for avoid any kind of problems with the update, I installed Windows 10 from scratch and actually in P3Dv3 I noticed a little increase in performance, maybe more smoothness. My system is 4790K 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB RAM DDR3 1600 and GTX 970

That's good to know Walter.

It could be a combination of issues. I just figured out that minimizing ChasePlane, your mouse will become laggy after 10 or 15 minutes. It's been reported also on theyre forums. Popping CP again up, the lags are gone.

Also don't forget that MS started to push some updates just after the release of the Creators Update. The first one supposeedly fixed some PC (as of MS forums). I will wait this time until I'm forced to install the update.

http://windowsreport.com/slow-pc-creators-update/

https://superuser.com/questions/1200171/windows-10-creators-update-1703-very-low-performance-on-high-end-laptop

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-creators-update-slows-down-pc/9d5d13f1-48b1-4803-9d29-7cf92883f1f4

As you say could be a combination of issues, the creators update is "stable" at the moment for me, another thing I noticed is Windows 10 is good but not completely stable as Windows 7 was. Windows 10 can bring more performance in general, with DX11 applications and certainly DX10 could be included here because I saw more smoothness with FSX DX10. I think that's the reason why we use Windows 10 :P

• Aerosoft

Gents, all thise discussion is highly subjective. That the Creators version causes problems for the_reaper is just one tale among tens of millions that have no problems (and yes you can find thousands of users who have issues, that inherent to having millions of customers). And Walter feels that Win10 is not as stable as Win7, but again that is just one story among millions.

Our advised operating system is without a shred of doubt the latest version of Windows 10. It has the best memory management (meaning a bit more VAS available), is the most secure and most stable Windows there is. As Microsoft is ending support for Win7 we will do the same.

Archived