Problem with adding attitude to MCDU

Triotrix

Hello.

So this is my problem. I wanted to fly from Gardemoen (ENGM) to Bergen (ENBR). Because it takes some while, I fly the flight with auto pilot. I fill in all the information I have, and the route is ready. The flight goes pretty well, until I get the landing information from the ATIS. I fill inn temperature and weather if necessery, but I cant figure out how to fill in attitude (QNH on the MCDU). As you can see on the picture I fill inn 3011 wich is the attitude information the ATIS give me, but if I write 3011 and put it in to QNH I get a message that it is "out of range". If I fill in 30.11 (I have seen someone doing that with the same plane(I think at least it is the same), but they had sqares formed like this [][].[][], not like this [][][][] wich I have) but then I get bad format. How do I fill it inn??? I can figure it out.

Thanks for all help. For information, I use the Aerosoft Airbus A321.

(Sorry for some bad language)

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The pressure is entered in hPa/mbar and not in inHg. So you have to convert the 30.11 inHg to 1020 hPA and enter this value into the left MCDU.

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

The pressure is entered in hPa/mbar and not in inHg. So you have to convert the 30.11 inHg to 1020 hPA and enter this value into the left MCDU.

Ok. Thanks.

Do you know a site that converts it?? Is it a setting that makes me able to put in 30.11 instead?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just google for "convert inHg to millibars" ;) 

No, an Airbus only accepts hPa respective mbar, and not inHg.

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

Just google for "convert inHg to millibars" ;) 

No, an Airbus only accepts hPa respective mbar, and not inHg.

Ok. Thank you SO much

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Something else you can do which might be faster and easier... 

Change the In Hg / hPa setting (see the left circled item in the screen shots below) which will automatically change the format on the MCDU Approach Page - so no conversion will be needed.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I stand corrected. Didn't knew that the FCU knob also changes the QNH format within the MCDU.

One never stops learning new things ;) 

Archived