Blank Battery and radio stack

Nathans88

Hi Guys,

Not entirely sure where this fits in so here goes. I purchased the airbus a320/a321 when itwas first released and I've updated to the latest version from here. And the first time in a long time I decided to fly in it and everything is working perfectly except the radio stack and battery read out (inc rudder trim). No idea what's happened I've reinstalled and restarted and no fixes there. see attached.

Systems were receiving external power. Apapreciate any help thanks

Nathan

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please re-install the bus again, following the instructions in this topic to the point:

That should fix your problems.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, this is a font issue, which should have been fixed with installing the bus again with following all step.

Do you have the valve steam client installed on your machine?

What Windows version do you have installed?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I wasn't asking if you are using FSX:SE but if you have the steam client installed on your machine? 

Do you have the steam icon showing up in your tray?

• Deputy Sheriffs

So you checked before installing the bus with the Task Manager, that there really wasn't any steam service running? (item 5 of the instructions) ?

A reboot is of no sense here at all, as the steam client restarts automatically. 

If you see anything with "steam" in its name in the Windows Task Manager, please stop it before installing the bus.

Background: the steam client prevents the proper installation of fonts within Windows.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You really have to check in the Task Manager. Furthermore item 6 from the instructions is equally important.

Think it is a font problem with windows as the font 'quartz.tff' isn't in the folder but when I install it it says it's there but it's not showing up

ideas appreciated 

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is a known FSX/P3D problem. They bring this font, but don't find it under certain circumstances in their own folder structure. The fix is, as you figured correctly, to put it into the Windows fonts folder.

Glad it works now for you :) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived