Installation Issues w/ London Heathrow Extended

Good Day All,

Yesterday I purchased MEGA-AIRPORT-LONDON-HEATHROW-XTENDED_FSX_FSXSTEAM for the purpose of using in steam. I have been able to link the Airport Folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Aerosoft\Mega-Airport-London-Heathrow-Xtended_Airport to the scenery files on my FSX Steam Version. However when I boot the game a load into EGLL the runway is messed up as well as the building. I saw in another support thread that linking the Terrain will fix this however I get stuck on the terrain and it will not load into the Add on scenery. It finds nothing and I cannot load the terrain folder. Any Help would be appreciated.

Augustine

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 15 Minuten, Augustine E. Brummel sagte:

Good Day All,

Yesterday I purchased MEGA-AIRPORT-LONDON-HEATHROW-XTENDED_FSX_FSXSTEAM for the purpose of using in steam. I have been able to link the Airport Folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Aerosoft\Mega-Airport-London-Heathrow-Xtended_Airport to the scenery files on my FSX Steam Version. However when I boot the game a load into EGLL the runway is messed up as well as the building. I saw in another support thread that linking the Terrain will fix this however I get stuck on the terrain and it will not load into the Add on scenery. It finds nothing and I cannot load the terrain folder. Any Help would be appreciated.

Augustine

Normally you just select the terrainfolder and not anything inside the scenery folder. In FSX is an issue with the adding mechanism. I don't know if it is also in FSX-steam. But the attached video explains it in detail.

You can try to add it manually to your scenery.cfg

The scenery.cfg is in the c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX folder or FSX-SE folder if you have Box FSX installed.

Just open the scenery.cfg inside the editor/notepad

Did you start the installer with admin rights?

If you never ever had boxed FSX on your computer, you have to choose FSX during installation. Because steam FSX behaves then like box fsx with it's folder structure.  And then the installer will add the scenery automatic.

Archived