Any Aerosoft Product For New Waypoints Update for FSX?

Aharon

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

My new laptop is doing well with FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 set in Windows 10 Professional operating system.

I have question about waypoints.

I have been flying on FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 for almost 10 years also via Vatsim using FSX's old original waypoints and LATELY, I notice that many current flight plans have new waypoints that cannot be found on FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 especially in Western Europe.  Boston area has too many new waypoints that do not exist in my FSX. Norway, Sweden, and Finland have tons of new waypoints that I do not have in my FSX.

So my question is where can I find freeware or payware product and download updated and latest waypoints for installation on FSX to update all waypoints please?

How can I do it without without screwing up FSX or causing silly FSX crashes, please?

Is there any very very very easy method to do that?

I heard that Aerosoft is selling a software package that offers PAINLESS and EASY update of all waypoints for FSX use???  Is it true???

Thanks,

Aharon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Aharon,

I guess what you are looking for is this:

It updates all the navaids in your FSX to the most recent real world status.

When it comes to navigation, what aircraft are you using? Do they have their own FMS with own navigation databases? If so you would need to update those databases as well. There is a product available from Aerosoft, NavDataPro, as also from Navigraph to do that for you.

Hope this helps.

Shalom Tom!

Good to hear from you!!  I just bought few days ago Aerosoft Bergen X and it looks cool in night!!

Anyway, I do not use FMS or is it FMC?  I like to use GPS which allows me to follow specific waypoints.

I do not want to use software from Aero.Sor website because their software will disable FSX flight planner and make it inoperable. 

Does Aerosoft product NavDataPro install new waypoints for FSX? And is it easy and painless update?

Regards,

Aharon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes indeed, I meant the FMC, not FMS. That was just a typo.

NavDataPro as also Navigraph do not modify any hard coded waypoints in your FSX. Those are stored in .BGL files which are not touched by these tools. They just provide updates for navigation databases of the FMCs of add-on aircraft.

The first tool does in fact update the navaids being hard coded in the .BGL files of your FSX. If you are uncertain about it, create a backup of your FSX and give the installer a try. If the result is not to your liking just restore the backup.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But who cares what navdata the sim has? 

Mathijs,

Vatsim controllers do  :)  :)  They would not be happy if I do not have new waypoints in FSX.

2 Hours ago, Tom said:

The first tool does in fact update the navaids being hard coded in the .BGL files of your FSX. If you are uncertain about it, create a backup of your FSX and give the installer a try. If the result is not to your liking just restore the backup.

Tom, 

Are you referring "the first tool" as to Aerosoft NavDataPro?  In other words, it will update all waypoints in FSX and I can see new waypoints in GPS and FSX default flight planner?

Regards,

Aharon

29 minutes ago, Aharon said:

Mathijs,

Vatsim controllers do  :)  :)  They would not be happy if I do not have new waypoints in FSX.

But then again they only do if you navigate using the default GPS. Any addon aircraft that does not use the default GPS does not care which waypoint your FSX knows about and which ones it doesn't know about.

Anyway Toms linked tool is the only one that actually updates the FSX database.

• Developer
vor 5 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

NavDataPro only updates the navdata of aircraft, not of the sim. But who cares what navdata the sim has? 

All users who fly with the FS ATC and FS flightplan needs that, when they want to use actual Flightplans generated by updated Flightplan tools und flying with a updated Aircraft, like Aerosofts Airbus.

When you generate a flightplan based on the waypoints in a actual Navdata, the flightplan can only be handled by the FS, when the waypoints are present in the FS BGL files. Otherwise the ATC will see legs on the flightpath not or incorrect and you get problems with the ATC, because he see you beside his flightroute.

So, for users like me, not flying online, it is important to hold then FS Data ontime, maybe not every month needed, as so many waypoints not change monthly.

The link in Toms post #2 is also my source for that and I had never a problem with it. I can not say, if it has effects to any part of the FS internal Flightplaningtool, as I let generate the Flightplans via a Webside and save the file and can select and start it with the internal FS Planner. 

It could be, that the searchfeature for IFR Routes in the internal Planner can be negativ effect by the updates, but it was never good or perfect.

So, when a user wants to fly with actual routings and FS Atc, he needs the update for FS Data, the Update for the FMS of the aircraft (if he use one) and a free Webservice or Payware Planner all with the same state of data.

Maybe NavdataPro will be able to update the FSdata too sametimes, until this happens, the freeware side is the best and only source I know.

Thanks all for very kind explanations.

OPabst said: Maybe NavdataPro will be able to update the FSdata too sametimes, until this happens, the freeware side is the best and only source I know.

That would be neat if Aerosoft creates and offers payware software at reasonable price to offer easy, painless, trouble free, crash free installation to update all waypoints in FSX without screwing FSX or GPS or flying up.  I am sure flightsimmers would love to buy it.

The freeware source from Aero.Sor website  is too difficult and too complex to install and update all waypoints while potentially disabling and knocking out FSX default flight planner resulting into inoperable GPS. Also I heard that it will interfere with some payware airport sceneries by various software companies. Moreover,  this freeware source can cause waypoint duplications too.

By the way, OPabst, your modification for Aerosoft EFHK Helsinki X scenery to include all runways for approaches for this airport work like charm!!  Thanks a zillion.

Regards,

Aharon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Interesting business model...

A subscription for a tool that doesn't need any updates itself for new AIRAC cycles, doesn't bring any data itself but instead just strips the data from another navigation data provider and pushes it into FSX/P3D?

A one time fee for such a tool would sound like a more reasonable approach to me, especially as their subscription should cost me nearly 70% of the Navigraph subscription.

I am sure they will find their customers, I for myself will stick with the freeware tool and continue to donate some money to Herve from time to time.

• Aerosoft

Indeed. to make a simple converter is a few days work (if that) and there is absolutely no reason to make this a service. An update when the Navigraph dataset they use is changed might be needed but for example, the navigraph datasets for our add-ons (that would be a suitable source) have never changed and will never change.

Archived