Autopilot Help

Hello! 

Okay so I'm new to the forums, just looking for some assistance. So, when I start a flight and insert all of my data into the MCDU, on the flight plan page, it has the following format: [WPT] [UTC] [SPD]/[ALT].

So what I want to now is how can I make my autopilot listen to the MCDU in regards to what altitudes and speeds to cross those way points, and make it do it automatically? Hope I'm not being too vague.

Thanks,

Ethan

Just to make my life (and your life) easier... I want these values, to be automatically achieved by my autopilot. I just don't know how to do it.

(I use PFPX if there is a way to make it do what I want to through that.)

Hi,

maybe I do not understand you correctly, but you insert all data in your MCDU

# Routing (FROM/TO, SID, Enroute via airways or directs, STAR, Approach)

# Performance data (ZFW, Fuel, CRZ Alt, cost index)

The FMGS calculate from these data and the stored data (restrictions) automatically the data for each waypoint and the vertical profil. The restricted data you can read on the departure/arrival charts

PFPX give you (after an correctly planning) an detailled plan over your routing, winds, times, fuel consumption, ........ For inserting in the MCDU you can take all data from this PFPX OFP (and maybe the Loadsheet, if you have).

5 hours ago, FraPre said:

Hi,

maybe I do not understand you correctly, but you insert all data in your MCDU

# Routing (FROM/TO, SID, Enroute via airways or directs, STAR, Approach)

# Performance data (ZFW, Fuel, CRZ Alt, cost index)

The FMGS calculate from these data and the stored data (restrictions) automatically the data for each waypoint and the vertical profil. The restricted data you can read on the departure/arrival charts

PFPX give you (after an correctly planning) an detailled plan over your routing, winds, times, fuel consumption, ........ For inserting in the MCDU you can take all data from this PFPX OFP (and maybe the Loadsheet, if you have).

Yes I do that. Once I load everything into the FMGS, how do I make the autopilot automatically adhere to the data for a specific waypoint so that I don't have to manually set the speed / altitude?

Sorry, the FMGC calculated automatically this data, but the crew can chnage same values.

You can save the Route as Company RTE, this saves the input routing, but the ALT/Time/Speed values are calculated every time new.

Maybe you have forgotten an input?

You have an picture from the F/PLN Page and INIT A / INIT B Page before you start.

1 hour ago, FraPre said:

Sorry, the FMGC calculated automatically this data, but the crew can chnage same values.

You can save the Route as Company RTE, this saves the input routing, but the ALT/Time/Speed values are calculated every time new.

Maybe you have forgotten an input?

You have an picture from the F/PLN Page and INIT A / INIT B Page before you start.

I know they are calculated new. That's not my question lol.  I want my autopilot to use that data. Like, I want my autopilot to climb/descend the aircraft to whatever altitude is at that waypoint. And the same with my speed. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, in that case you don't have to do anything else than to switch the autopilot on and keep all FCU knobs pushed in. 

I think it is also a good idea to work yourself through the provided step by step guide. 

Just now, Tom A320 said:

Well, in that case you don't have to do anything else than to switch the autopilot on and keep all FCU knobs pushed in. 

I think it is also a good idea to work yourself through the provided step by step guide. 

Thanks for the reply tom. And see that's just the issue. All the knobs are pushed in, etc. and I've used the checklist from the right MCDU, but for some reason it always wants to set to manual values (light blue) not the FMGC values (purple). I'll have a look at the step by step in the meantime though.

Archived