Violation of International Aviation Regulation

For an aircraft of this merit, this is an absolutely deplorable oversight. I am appalled and shocked that this has never been resolved at any point in time by the developer. Of an aircraft this size and this level of detail, I cannot for the life of me believe such an issue exists.

The personnel flying this aircraft are commercial are air transport pilot licensed individuals, with a high level of professionalism and the highest level of professional training at an academy, no doubt. I would put my life in the hands of these men and women knowing that they will professionally handle the aircraft no matter the situation. I was once able to look up to these men and women, but not anymore, not after what I discovered in this A320! It boggles my mind how such gross professional misconduct can happen in such a professional operation. I myself am a private amateur hobby pilot with millions of FSX hours and I wouldn't miss this detail myself. And to think the operators of this aircraft would miss this...

Is this the kind of operation that Aerosoft wants to promote? Flying multimillion dollar aircraft without regard to the basic aspects of safety and regulations? Nonetheless with a commercially operated vehicle?! To know that such misconduct exists baffles me, and I demand an answer for this injustice, not just for the reluctant simulator pilot, but also for the countless millions that have been virtually flown across the world in these aircraft!!! :angry::angry:

CAR 605.04 (1) No person shall conduct a take-off in an aircraft, for which an aircraft flight manual is required by the applicable standards of airworthiness, unless the aircraft flight manual or, if an aircraft operating manual has been established under section 604.37 or Part VII, the aircraft operating manual is available to the flight crew members at their duty stations.

Please login to display this image.

Fair point, but don't you think you're going a bit overboard? :lol:

It's only a sim afterall. Most of your post is about how "appalled" and "shocked" you are. And only a small part at the bottom actually tells what the issue is.

I think his post was cynical.

@ amahran: Nowdays the airliner cockpits are more and more paperless. So it could well be that the manual is on the crew's iPad or EFB?;)

5 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

Nowdays the airliner cockpits are more and more paperless. So it could well be that the manual is on the crew's iPad or EFB?;)

Oh good point, didn't think of that

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 minutes ago, amahran said:

Oh good point, didn't think of that

I thought of that but where is the EFB/tablet in that case? ;) 

Just now, The Dude said:

I thought of that but where is the EFB/tablet in that case? ;) 

This is an outrage and I demand an answer, immediately!

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, amahran said:

My EFB is actually a Note 7

Very unrealistic and banned onboard aircraft. Clearly a violation of something. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 25.4.2017 at 11:41 PM, amahran said:

But what if the battery fails too?

On 25.4.2017 at 1:01 PM, nealmac said:

But what if all the electrics fail? And the backup turbine generator doesn't work? Does the EFB run on battery power in such a case?

I love these questions, I really do. The honest answer is: Well, then you are screwed anyway since you can't control the aircraft anymore.
And even if you can still control the aircraft: No power -> No instruments, thus charts would be obsolete anyway.

I just wanted to add that in the US Registered FAR 121 airline I work at, all Flight Crew manuals: checklists and charts are kept in the Pilots' company issued IPads.  In our cockpit there are no paper manuals.  That also includes the MMEL Manual.  As an A & P Mechanic all of my manuals are kept in my own company issued IPad.  The same goes for the Flight Attendant.   

Archived